Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What do you hope do with your degree? - HSN forum

What do you hope do with your degree?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

What is everyone thinking of doing after Uni/with their degree?

I was considering doing a postgrad course at either Glasgow - again - or down south at LSE.

After this, I will hopefully end up becoming a Chartered Accountant working down in the City of London.

What's everyone else hoping to do?

#2 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:48 AM

Well... That I'm not too sure. I'm thinking of doing a post-grad in journalism once I've done my French degree, so then I can get sent off to far off French speaking lands to cover stories.

I'll probably change my mind by the end of the five years though. That's why I chose the course I have, it's fairly open, you can do what you want with it.

#3 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:02 PM

dont know to be honest

just make as much money as i can in as short a period as possible

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#4 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:26 PM

I don't really know either - whatever degree you do there are a wide range of careers open to you. I would like to have one with a comfortable/good salary but at the same cost I'd like to enjoy the work I'm doing day in day out!
Mark

#5 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:18 PM

Absolutely not a scooby.....maybe travel the world and become a famous animal photographer or scientist!!

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#6 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:13 PM

i have absolutely no ideas whatsoever. i'll hopefully find a job that you don't need to work on saturdays for obvious reasons.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#7 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:30 PM

I don't really know what i want to do after i finish my degree. I duno whether i will go on and qualify as a solicitor or barrister or not! I might just decide i want to become a politician! lol!

#8 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:42 PM

I kind of want to become an RAF Officer. My Dad put the idea in my head, initially, by telling me how great it was and all the job perks, etc. But now he's desperately trying to make me go off the idea by telling me "wars happen.... you could be shot!" and other such stuff.

Eh?!
@

#9 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:52 PM

I hate this question, my parents and family members keep asking me and I just don't know. I'm only 18 [how old!] so I can't decide what I want to do with my whole life. Maybe something connected with medicine and french!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#10 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

i want to do a post-grad in something related to medical physics. but i think its more likely i'll end up teaching!

assuming i actually get my degree.....
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#11 Vazza

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:05 PM

I want to work so that I can pay off my loan........sigh....thats if I survive the 4 years and get my honours degree........sigh.......

#12 Captain_Strat

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Guitars
    Reading
    Books
    Twilight
    Doctor Who
    Torchwood
    Labradors
    CSI
    NCIS
    The Mentalist
    Life On Mars

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

I'm hoping to get a job in either Computer Security or Forensic Computing. The course I'm doing is supposed to have really good job prospects after uni, and I could get a job in networking or programming too. :)
10th Doctor + Don Flack + Greg Sanders + Patrick Jane + Riley Poole + Gene Hunt + Abby Sciuto + Jasper Hale = General Geeky Awesomeness
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users