• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best higher books-urgent-

mr_scholes

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

Hi

I'm about to do the sqa highers this year for chemistry. biology, physics and maths, and I'm just wondering what are the best and most useful books, that summarises the whole course without irrelevant stuff.

Please help!!

ginneswatson

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (mr_scholes @ Sep 14 2009, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

I'm about to do the sqa highers this year for chemistry. biology, physics and maths, and I'm just wondering what are the best and most useful books, that summarises the whole course without irrelevant stuff.

Please help!!

Not sure what you mean by "irrelevant stuff". Higher Chemistry is a course and the boundaries of that course should be constantly expanding. If you want something that allows you to simply concentrate on those parts of the course most likely to appear in the final exam then Past Papers are what you want.

All the Text Books produced for Higher Chemistry will do the job. Some have companion books that summarise the Chapters and concentrate on questions. One such is "Revision Notes & Questions for New Higher Chemistry", Eric Allan & John Harris, Hodder & Stoughton.

If you want to have a look at my website, http://web.mac.com/ginneswatsonkelso, then you'll find Past Papers & Answer Schemes. You'll also find the Notes that I use with my pupils. Also, have a look at the excellent Notes available through this website in the "Free Notes" section.

Hope this helps.

Cheers tongue.gif

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic