• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Talks Why we should not judge people by their appearance.

stuck123

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

Hey guys,

I have to do a talk and i am not sure how to go about it. unsure.gif

My topic is why we should not judge people by their appearance.
I want to try and portray the facts on why we should not judge people, what problems it can cause, and how we can prevent ourselves from snap judgement.

Any help would be welcome(especaily on the structure wink.gif ).

Thanks.
laugh.gif

Dave

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

well interviews is something you might want to talk about. There is a figure somewhere that says we make up opinions on people in less than a second. its human nature. I lost out on a job once because my hand shake was weak. I am now the assistant manager in that shop lol. So that would be a case study right there if i was someone important.

If it was my talk I would probably start by talking about what we do normally and what our human reactions is in these events. Then explain the pros and cons of this. Then finish with a suggestion on how the situation could be fixed and what the advantages of this would be.

stuck123

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Dave @ Mar 15 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well interviews is something you might want to talk about.

Thanks for all your help, I really appriceiate it rolleyes.gif
but I am a wee bit confused...
What does interviews have to do with this?
I mean no offence.

thanks again

Dave

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

In an interview your appearance/body language is the first thing that the interviewee sees and in that second they have decided on their opinion on you. Even before you have said a word!

The rest of my post above goes on to explain why I know this as I take interviews for my company on a very regular basis. I have been through training on taking interviews and the fact that people judge by appearance before someone sits down was discussed. It's nature.

Basically in short if I am interviewing for a position in sales say and you come in dressed like a ned or something then I am not going to hire you. Regardless of how well you answer the questions. The same has been known to happen for people with other "unattractive" physical qualities

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic