• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Homework Question

Gibbs

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

The case study was on BAA.

Here is the question

BAA carries out frequent market research to find out what its customers think of its service.

Explain why this type of research is important, and describe how the business may react to the findings. (5 marks)

Any answers would be helpful. I am mainly struggling on producing an answer which is long enough for 5 marks.

Also another question that I am stuck on is:

Explain how changes in the following areas may afffect BAAA's business operations:
Environmental
Political
Economic (6 Marks)

Again any answers would be helpful.

Sorry for any Typos

Discogirl17

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

Well first ytou should define what types of research you think they would use i.e field research such as questionaires or desk research like looking at data gathered by an external body such as Mori ( market research company). Then its pretty much common sense points such as :

-BAA provides a service in which it is the customers that undrego the process.Just as a business producing a product must ensure each product has no flaws, a service business has to ensure customers have no complaints
- gathering data will provide first hand information straight from the customers which may enable them to improve the service i.e. construct a SWOT analysis from the responses (you could provide possible examples of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats here).

I can't really think of any other points there but I'm sure there are some!

The second question...

Environmental- Carbon footprint has become a big issue and BAA may lose customer due to people not wanting to cause environmental damage
- increase protests by groups such as Greenpeace
-further fines may be imposed by governments to compensate for negative environmental impact

Political

( Usually refers to the introduction of new laws- can't think of any!)

Economic - Refers to a change in either governmental economic policy or the general state of the economy

- Current credit crunch means people may find it harder to afford flights?

Pretty much anything can go in these answers as long as its justified!

Gibbs

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:30 PM

Thanks

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic