• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chemical Engineering at Aberdeen

Ali89

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:56 AM

Just wondering if anyone here is doing Chemcial Engineering at Aberdeen this year?

BuckminsterFullerene

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:57 AM

Chem Eng yes, though not at Aberdeen

maria

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

Chemical Engineering..but at Strathclyde/Heriot Watt smile.gif

BuckminsterFullerene

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

From what I hear, It is some tough shit!

englisher

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:32 PM

What are you wanting to do after? Oil industry?

maria

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:40 PM

I really don't know..to be quite honest, I was thinking about what I will be doing after Uni and that..and one day I would like to think I would move back home - yet it would almost be impossible to be a Chemical Engineer here..so, really..I don't know if I completely want to do the course anymore..well I do..but unsure.gif och I dunno what I'm thinking now..sad.gif

Ali89

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:36 PM

I'm the same!

The chemical engineering degree appealed to me because it had a mix of science (including chemistry which im really interested in) with other areas like maths.... plus an inclusion of business management related topcis, environment etc. all which i find interesting and would like to have involved in a future career.

Furthermore, the fact it's a degree you can do a masters in straight away i thought would be pretty good for employers.

Coupled by the fact im interested in big business enterprise made me go for this course.

I don't know for certain i want to be a chemical engineer which is what gives me the doubts! Should i have gone for something like Business management or environmental management and then did the post grad in Oil and gas enterprise management??

it's all a bit of a muddle.

The Wedge Effect

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:13 AM

I had doubts about being a chemical engineer when I picked MEng in Chemical Engineering at Strathclyde, which was confirmed about three months in. I realised the course just wasn't right for me. What I think they should really do at universities is give you a taster of their course, about two or three weeks during the summer or whatever, in order to help you make your mind up. Since they don't have that, I wasted a whole year, and that pissed me off. At least I'm doing something better for myself. Course, different people have different opinions of the course. Me, I hated it so much I dropped out.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic