• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AH Biology after taking Higher Human Will I struggle?

allybally

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

Evening all

I take Higher Human Biology at the moment (I'm in 5th year) and I have to say I love it and I'm rather good at it (might not be saying that when my results come in but thats another story tongue.gif )

I would love to take Advanced Higher Biology next but I'm worried that I won't have a clue. Is it a big disadvantage not to have taken Higher Biology and will I be ok with my Higher Human? I'm worried that I get in there and will be out of my depth with all the plants etc because I never took Biology, or is there an ok mix of the 2 subjects? Has anyone on here taken AH Biology after taking Human Biology before? What did you think of it?

Thanks for all advice
Ally xx

ice_illusion

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:21 PM

You will be fine.
You'll be at a slight disadvantage for unit 2, but only very slight becuase it's an easy unit. You'll be at a slight advantage for unit 1 which is the hard unit. If you do the physiology optional unit you'll be at a huge advantage for it, if physiology is the optional unit you do I'd guess it was easier got the human bios.

And there is nothing about plants which I think is a pity, but you'll be glad to know.

allybally

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

Thank you very much for your reply, you've really helped put my mind at rest. Think I'll go for Biology now! (well, we'll wait and see for the exam results, but all going well lol!)

ice_illusion

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

Yaaaay!
It's a good subject. Stick at it, a lot of people quit becuase the hardest bits were done first but it got much better after that.

bmkf

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

I am going to be one of those people... I just dont see the point of it at the moment. Took Human last year, which according to my teachers puts me at an advantage as they want to do the physiology unit for the optional study... Dunno how I'm going to face them when I tell them I'm dropping it! Ach well.

I hope somewhere in that above wee rant you can see my point (the physiology thingy).

ice_illusion

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

Well, the physiology unit would have been a breeze for you, it wasn't exactly hard even though I had to learn the parts of the heart cardiac cycle which you guys already knew. But it's your choice.

Chas

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

I did Human too and my AH teacher said we are doing the Physiology unit too which will be good for me.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic