• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are you ready for tomorrow? Nervous? Or prepared?

Allan_r_123

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:42 PM

Well I only actually know of 2 other people sitting this exam tomorrow, haha, but more might crop up in this thread! tongue.gif

I've been studying all day going over my notes again and again and re-writing them and stuff. Aboutto do a couple of normalisaton practices lol.

Any tips or advcie for tomorrow?

Anyway hows everyone feeling about it? Confident?

JohnPM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:47 PM

Im doing better than expected. I thought the 2006 paper was good, easier than past years and hopefully this years paper will be fair.

I hope to get an A but i'll settle for a B

bob1

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:17 PM

Any tips for tomorrow guys or anything that we must remember e.g. referential integrity

Allan_r_123

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

Just know all the stuff really lol. I think it's too early into the new course to say "you need to learn X" because we don't really know what has a pattern of coming up and stuff - that's why I'm extra worried! tongue.gif hehe

Heres hoping it's a good paper though! tongue.gif

bob1

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:07 PM

Well yeah i guess so and also theres not much pastpapers to revise on and too much things to remember.

Allan_r_123

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

Lol yeh there is a lot to remember! I just went through all my notes and shortened stuff and trying to memorise all the definitions and stuff... It's the only way really!lol

Chas

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:54 PM

Feeling mostly confident. I have a funny feeling about something about security strategy or upgrade strategy in Section 2 maybe. Hope normalisation isn't too tough. My tip to you all for normalisation. If a date is mentioned and it is in the second entity in 1NF then it will be part of the compound key. Last year's paper had this type of situation.

Good luck to you all.

Allan_r_123

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

I hope upgrade strategy doesnt come up. I know it good enough, but I'm not excellent at writing all about it lol

Chas

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:04 PM

If it came up they would ask you about future proofing which is making sure a ystem when it is upgraded will have a reasonable life span. Also legacy systems which are systems running on old hardware and an old operating system.

Allan_r_123

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:10 PM

Yep.

I'm just hoping it's not like"outling an upgrade strategy" like you get with backup and security etc.

I hope it doesn't ask you to give an example of a metaphor like it did with last years pastpaper...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic