• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Biology Exam - Post Mortem How do you think you've done?

Array

Allan_r_123

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:15 PM

How did you find it?

I found it better than I expeted to be honest - but that wasn't much as I pretty much had it marked down as awful! xD

It was the exam I was least looking forward to and I'm just glad it's over now. I'd say I'll maybe scrape a C! tongue.gif

What about you guys? And feel free to discuss particular questions too! smile.gif

BuckminsterFullerene

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Allan_r_123 @ May 21 2007, 04:15 PM) View Post
How did you find it?

I found it better than I expeted to be honest - but that wasn't much as I pretty much had it marked down as awful! xD

It was the exam I was least looking forward to and I'm just glad it's over now. I'd say I'll maybe scrape a C! tongue.gif

What about you guys? And feel free to discuss particular questions too! smile.gif

T'was a Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyatch

Hassan

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:24 PM

Thought it went pretty good. I found there were A LOT of graph questions, was that just me?

For the essays I done respiration and osmoregulation in fish. For the fish essay I could barely make 8 points so only got about 6.

The question asking you to explain why in 50 degrees the carrot tissue fell in mass - I put something about denatured enzymes but its actually that the plasma membrane is destroyed. Damn.

sweetchick01

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

think it went really well

the multiple choice and section B were quite easy and i am sure i only dropped a few marks

section C was difficult, the 1st essay(respiration) was great but totally messed up the 2nd one(freshwater fish)

still hoping i have enough to get an A unsure.gif

Allan_r_123

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:31 PM

My essays were on the phagocytosis and the fish...

Yeh I struggled for the points with the fish two, think I got 7 - maybe 8... but i shoudl get my coherance and rellevance anyway - i hope lol.

Yeh I agree there did seem to be loads of graphs! tongue.gif

sarmad

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(Allan_r_123 @ May 21 2007, 04:31 PM) View Post
My essays were on the phagocytosis and the fish...

Yeh I struggled for the points with the fish two, think I got 7 - maybe 8... but i shoudl get my coherance and rellevance anyway - i hope lol.

Yeh I agree there did seem to be loads of graphs! tongue.gif

i found that multi choice was a bit tricky, the rest was fine...., hopefully A

x_Jo_x

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:02 PM

hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, oh i'm a happy bunny! yes i ammmmm! those essay questions were brill! i did the phagocytosis one and the co-operative hunting one, i just studied that last night! i did a few muck ups like the meiosis question but meh the whole question was only worth about 4 marks anyway. i went over some of it with my teacher after and i have got a lot of things coorect. i think they did put a lot of graphs and that was annoying cuase then you have to really understand what they're talking about

im a bit hyper at the mo, maybe cuas eive just had 2 cans of cola.....oh wellllllllllll

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Allan_r_123

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:05 PM

Yeh the multiple choice was pretty trick as well! Haha you guys are all so confident and here I am hoping I scrape a C xD

I'd love to get a B but I highly doubt it's possible... well we'll see in august any way! tongue.gif

x_Jo_x

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

i'm sure you'll have done better than you thought

its quite hard to remember the good things you write in an exam, all the bad things just stick in your head, thats what i was like in maths

Sammie

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:16 PM

The essay Qs were pretty good, section B was pretty good as well though there were a few in section A that took a while to get but over all it was a bit of a gift to he honest.

floss

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:01 PM

It's rare - infact unheard-of - for me to come out of an exam smiling. And for me to smile upon reading the essay questions. But I did biggrin.gif

I thought that paper was a blessing (for me, anyway)...barely anything about dihybrid crosses, sex linkage, viruses or DNA replication biggrin.gif

That one about the carrots - I also put denatured enzymes tongue.gif...Oh well...

And I think I should probably appologise for my rant last night sad.gif. I'm sorry laugh.gif

All the best everyone! smile.gif

x_Jo_x

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(F.J @ May 21 2007, 06:01 PM) View Post
It's rare - infact unheard-of - for me to come out of an exam smiling. And for me to smile upon reading the essay questions. But I did biggrin.gif

I thought that paper was a blessing (for me, anyway)...barely anything about dihybrid crosses, sex linkage, viruses or DNA replication biggrin.gif

That one about the carrots - I also put denatured enzymes tongue.gif...Oh well...

And I think I should probably appologise for my rant last night sad.gif. I'm sorry laugh.gif

All the best everyone! smile.gif

looks like your panicking payed off! glad to hear you found it okay! hehe

BuckminsterFullerene

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

I HATE BIOLOGY WHY COULDN'T THE EXAM BE EASY LIKE MATHS AND PHYSICS

floss

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(BuckminsterFullerene @ May 21 2007, 06:58 PM) View Post

Did you really just say that?!? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Oh dear...hope you're ok!

Sammie

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(BuckminsterFullerene @ May 21 2007, 06:58 PM) View Post

0___________0

no comment.

englisher

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

It was harder than all of the past papers.

I'm guessing your problem with this one BuckministerFullerene is that you need to learn stuff? Me too biggrin.gif

This one was really problem solving intensive which really doesn't do me any favours if it is not maths related. I normally say the right things just not in the right words so get no marks for them. Ah well.

EDIT: Did anyone else get loads of answers in a row for multiple choice? (ie. DDDDBCCCC - ok that's exaggeration but I kept getting the same answers!

Sammie

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:48 PM

I got that too! I got this big string of Ds then like around Q 20ish a big row of As ~ I thought it was a big weird.

I didn't really think the paper was harder than any of the past papers.

floss

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

I got barely any B's or C's in the first 15 of the M/C

Pammy

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(englisher @ May 21 2007, 09:22 PM) View Post
EDIT: Did anyone else get loads of answers in a row for multiple choice? (ie. DDDDBCCCC - ok that's exaggeration but I kept getting the same answers!

YES !!!! I was seriously thinking about changing some of them !!! I seemed to get lots of the same in a row !!!
Wasn't very pleased about the essays tbh, but I can't say I like essays at the best of times !!
Thought the multiple choice was a bit trickier than I expected too !!
I need an A in bio for my uni course tho so I've got my fingers crossed !!!
Hope everyone else did well
*~* Pam xxx *~*

son_of_a_gun

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

Pretty easy today, part 1 was a disgrace foh, really hard multi-choice.

• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic