• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Exam 2007

will_789

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

Good luck to everyone for tomorow! Lets hope for some simple essay questions biggrin.gif

ice_illusion

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, good luck everyone.

ice_illusion

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:49 PM

So that exam was a bit of a git.
Don't think I've done too awefully but there was a lot of stuff I'd never even heard of.

asaleem1

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:21 PM

hey i thought that paper was quite tricky...here's my MC results but probably most r wrong
1.C
2.C
3.A
4.B
5.D
6.C
7.B
8.A
9.D
10.A
11.C
12.B
13.D
14.A
15.C
16.B
17.B
18.D
19.D
20.C
21.A
22.D
23.A
24.B
25.A

ice_illusion

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

I got:
1C
2C
3D
4A
5A (but thats wrong, its C)
6A (also wrong, its C)
7B
8A
9D
10A
11D
12B
13C
14A
15B
16A
17B
18D
19C
20D
21A
22D
23C
24B
25B

A lot of those are similar.

Glitterandtrauma

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

Hello! first time ive ever posted, however i have recently been reading topics and such smile.gif

I thought the first section B question was pretty tough? not much knowledge at all and im rubbish at problem solving

although the essays were ace ... overall i think i passed ..and thats good enough for me.

ice_illusion

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:50 PM

Hey glitter.

I thought that question was ok, but then I didn't like the essays.

LegendaryDB

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

hey i just sat higher human and im doin AH bio next year. was just wondering how is it? Its not really really difficult is it cause i really suck at problem solving

maximus

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(LegendaryDB @ May 22 2007, 10:43 PM) View Post
hey i just sat higher human and im doin AH bio next year. was just wondering how is it? Its not really really difficult is it cause i really suck at problem solving

yeh i'm the same, i'm not exactly the greatest at the problem solving in biology, especially the multi choice, it's one of the reasons why i dont' think i'm gonna take it next year, in case there's tonnes of problem solving. The stuff you learn seems pretty cool though

Glitterandtrauma

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

I dont regret taking it, the course covers a lot of areas that interst me espcially the units covering cell cycle and cell culturing, however it did suck with the amount of problem solving but no reason not to take it cause thats only in the exam.

its a good subject to take but maybe not if you had to get a good grade in it smile.gif

ice_illusion

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:07 PM

It's a really interesting course, you'll find out which bits of biology you like. (ie I don't like the cell cycle while Glitter likes it and lots of my class like it, but the environment and DNA technology stuff is brilliant). If you like biology just take it and don't worry about getting a good mark (unless you're planning on applying to England you're unlikely to be getting conditionals for uni so your mark doesn't matter too much). You want to take interesting subjects for 6th year because motivation will be getting a bit low by the end of the year. It is quite hard and theres lots to learn but I don't find myself going to sleep or finding excuses to skive it, unlike my other classes.

andymckenzie1

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:52 PM

I thought the exam was far too easy to be honest. You are all saying you find the problem solving aspect difficult but it is perhaps the most insulting piece of "examination" I have ever had to undertake. I hope it doesn't sound arrogant but when the "problem solving" is roughly equivilent to intermediate 1 Maths. I could understand difficulties in recalling facts about biology but the problem solving is so easy.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic