• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2007 Higher Accounting Exam (18th of May)

Guest_xxCitroneyxx_*

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

My goodness the hardest paper yet... I've done like all the past papers from 2003 - 2006 and many even older ones than that... but this year's exam has been the worse. Compulsary questions were on income and expenditure (not-for profit organisations) and production and cash budgets for the second part. Out of all things, why did they pick the ones that I HATE?? And also, I hadn't even bothered looking over them cos it's been a Plc every other year followed by marginal costing. I hope I didn't mess it up too badly! ohmy.gif I'm the one who's meant to be the A candidate in the class and also getting the prize for the year! But by the looks of things I'm lucky with a B. sad.gif Nightmare!

Did anyone else think the same as me??

**It's crash higher accounts I'm doing btw. I got A's in the prelims, top marks in class but the exam was just a nightmare.

Floydy

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:46 AM

I thought the exam was brilliant!! much easier than i was expecting tongue.gif I didn't get my balance sheet to balance but i was out by 40. In my trading account with the manufacture i ended up with something and pence which was weird cos you never really get pence in them but hey, im sure thats only a couple of marks off for that unsure.gif the theory in the financial side was a gift to, i was well chuft it was on partnerships biggrin.gif but i have to say i was a bit surprised with the income and expenditure as well. I didnt have a clue about the managerial theory but hey thats only 5% of the exam. I didnt find the exam entirely easy but it was doable...heres hoping for an A w00t.gif

celticfcz

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:09 PM

Hey - yep i was also crashing it.

Thought the exam generally was okay but completely ran out of time because the cash budget took me a full hour - had to skip half my balance sheet for the club account and the theory for the management was useless - had like 1 minute to do it so put what i could in that time. Noone in my school actually managed to finish it eveyone was skipping parts out.

Did anyone get a loss on manufacture of 7? and at first my trading account was coming up with decimels - then added the 1 for interest on overdraft and it seemed to work out fine after that - hopefully got good marks in my Qs 2,4 and 6!! Really wanted a B - i wonder what the pass marks will be looking like?

Floydy

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:50 PM

Woohoo! Yup i got a loss of 7 too, and so did all 5 of the other people sitting crash higher accounts in my year. 20 marks in the bag, hopefully smile.gif ...

Pass marks for previous years were:
A 140
B 121
C 102
D 92

A 135
B 114
C 94
D 84

I hope its round the 135 mark but i doubt it, I think it will be about 140 for an A because it was an easyish exam, just depends on how everyone else has done. The people in my school found the exam not too bad, and thats saying something as going by prelim results only 2 of us passed the exam...
What did people get for the surplus or deficit for the income and expenditure?

celticfcz

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

Thanks slightly happier with that hopefully it's right and we all have 20 marks.

Completely screwed up my full q1 I got a loss on refreshments and a profit on everything else - dont remember the exact figure but I did get a surplus - then decided as I did not have enough time would only do half my balance sheet (how smart) but did work out my closing bank balance so should hopefully get some marks. That question was 35 marks for both the i + e account and the balance sheet - do you know how the marks will be spread? Just want to know how much I would have lost on my balance sheet.
Also for your cash budget did you get all positives for your closing bank balances? I did but people were saying they got all negatives and I was getting slightly worried.

Thanks for putting up the pass marks - hopefully I will be able to get a B as 121 doesnt sound so hard to get but you never know!!

gemmcg

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

Hi,

I got a loss of around that sum for my Manufacturing Account - I thought that question was a really good break - can anyone remember what they got for their final closing balance on the Trading and Profit and Loss Account after the appropriations bit???

I think if I remember correctly that I got positives for my cash balnce, but I did get my production budget slightly wrong, but I did get positives!!! biggrin.gif
smile.gif cool.gif tongue.gif

Floydy

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

Howdy again,

I had positives to for the cash budgets, i mucked them up slightly with the bonus part but och well, only a couple of marks.
I think I had 60.75 for my closing balance, but yet again i mucked that up because i forgot to add in interest. Man I've mucked up a few things now....great dry.gif well heres hoping the rest of my exam is fine... pinch.gif

What did everyone else get for the closing balance??
please say like 60 or 61!!!! tongue.gif

celticfcz

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:59 PM

heyy

glad that some other people were getting all positives - my figure i thought was a bit to high at the end like 60 thousand and something!! - is this the closing balance you were talking about or the trading one?(if its this one and we seem to have around the same im gonna be so happy!! wink.gif )
completely forgot about space in my production budget had like 1 tiny dot of space to write add closing stock etc - was using ant like writing laugh.gif

Did exactly the same as you at first floydy forgot interest then kept getting decimels but after i added it it was fine so hopfelly its worked out. I think my closing balance was around the 20s cant really remember. Im pretty sure I got 60 odds before tax and appropriations - 64 to be exact!

Did anyone do q8? the service costing one? how many washes did you get? completely screwed that q up due to time - was getting decimels and all sorts! ohmy.gif

we seem to be getting the same answers(roundabout!!) so we may have done better than we thought!! Going to be terriefied when results time comes around!! laugh.gif

Floydy

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:12 PM

Yup heres hoping we are right though tongue.gif Ahhh man the exam results come on my birthday!!!! grrrr!!

I did the service costing one too, cant remember what answer I had, my memory is going in my old age laugh.gif I did get nice round figures for charge per wash and contribution and all that i think though...

Ahh did anyone do part C of question 8? I totally couldnt remember the formula for it (my old ages fault again) so thats another 10 marks down the drain... smile.gif

celticfcz

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:29 PM

lol did exactly the same - skipped out part c just because i didnt have the time!!

hopefully it goes good for you and that you have a good birthday!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic