• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nursing?

floss

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

I was just wondering whether anyone might be studying Nursing or know someone who is?, just to get an idea of what you could expect if you were to decide it was what you wanted to do.
I've been thinking about it a lot, and I think I'm going to apply to do Nursing at Stirling University.

will_789

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(F.J @ May 6 2007, 03:08 PM) View Post
I was just wondering whether anyone might be studying Nursing or know someone who is?, just to get an idea of what you could expect if you were to decide it was what you wanted to do.
I've been thinking about it a lot, and I think I'm going to apply to do Nursing at Stirling University.

STIRLING!!!!!! Stirling is like a 20 min drive away from me....Have you ever seen the university? Why stirling?

floss

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

Why not? And no, I'm going down in October.
They have a campus on Lewis. That appeals quite a lot too...

John

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:51 PM

I think the Uni is a nice place, shame about it's standards happy.gif

floss

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:51 PM

What do you mean by that John? Lol...I take it that it hasn't got a very good reputation then!

John

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(F.J @ May 6 2007, 05:51 PM) View Post
What do you mean by that John? Lol...I take it that it hasn't got a very good reputation then!

No no, I'm just a snob.

will_789

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(John @ May 6 2007, 05:53 PM) View Post
QUOTE(F.J @ May 6 2007, 05:51 PM) View Post

No no, I'm just a snob.

Also the uni is a hole! Nursing rep is good there but the city is also a dive.

smb

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

Oh! J is going to nursing with Stirling University. Although he's doing it from Stornoway or something like that.

You can speak to him if you like, he's be welll willing to help.

Or my sister or my mother too - they are both nurses.

broughy

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:07 PM

did you see the tv programme "nursing a dream" that was on bbc 2 a few weeks ago? it was on for 2 weeks, on a monday night. it was all about the students doing nursing at the Stirling uni campus on Lewis. might be worth trying to track it down somehow - maybe the bbc website? - if you're interested

floss

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:16 PM

To be honest, it was that tv program which finalised for me what I really wanted to do, I'd been on the fence a bit before but when they were talking about the qualities you need to have etc it struck a nerve.
Sharon, that would be fantastic...I don't have any really specific questions atm but I'm sure I will do! When is he starting? I was thinking of applying to go to the Lewis campus as I said before, because the community spirit over there would be so much greater than here on the mainland. I don't know though!

smb

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:50 PM

I'll give you his email.

dondon

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

Why is it that i keep seeing this threat title and think, why is there a thread about breast feeding here? blink.gif laugh.gif

Muppet

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:34 PM

I want to go into Paediatric nursing does anyone have any info on what is the best centres. I know some unis dont do childrens only adult branch.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic