I always love the job of getting the skin back to normal rolleyes.gif

Scott

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(George @ Jan 16 2007, 08:38 PM) View Post
I always love the job of getting the skin back to normal rolleyes.gif

I don't envy you! ph34r.gif

Pete

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:00 PM

Meh, right from the start I didn't know whether to love 2.2.x or hate it. It's more of a mini-MySpace than anything else now sleep.gif

bred

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:02 PM

I'm having difficulty uploading files. Anyone else finding this?

bred

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:39 PM

Still can't upload. Just me?

Pete

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:58 PM

IPB 2.2 relies on JS/Ajax a lot now, so if you have JavaScript disabled it may affect some functionality like uploading. Just a guess though.

Scott

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:11 AM

Nah, Brendan would have a lot more problems than uploading if his JS was off. Try a Cache Refresh (Ctrl + F5). It also doesn't appear to be a CHMOD problem as I can upload new personal photos etc.

bred

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:37 PM

Still having problems and not sure why. Files actually aren't uploading because a page refresh doesn't help. I was home at the weekend and it was working fine so must be something up with this computer...

Pete

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Feb 11 2007, 08:11 AM) View Post
It also doesn't appear to be a CHMOD problem as I can upload new personal photos etc.

A CHMOD problem would probably be flagged by the ACP/Installer anyway. Like Scott said, try a cache refresh. If it works for you on other PCs, this seems the most logical option. If it still doesn't work after that, try using a different browser to see if it works on that.

smb

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:19 PM

I have problems uploading photos too.

Have always had problems with avatar and personal photo things - hence why my stupid childish face remains my avatar. I cant get rid of it!!

d2vid

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

vBulletin guys! vBulletin! ;D

Dave

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:21 AM

vbulletin is mince

Discogirl17

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

Now, come on, don't "mince" your words Dave!

lol laugh.gif

Punk Rock Dude

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

I'm beginning to wonder why, you head admin guys still play about with the settings on this thing.
This place is dead compared to what it once was in like 2004/2005.
I mean look at it
I started my highers this year and there's no resources for me because nobody's posted on many of the forums in like...a year.
It's a disgrace.
You should advertise for new members.
You need to get the new generation (filled with alot more 'neds' than 5 years ago) to join this place
Most of the people still roaming around are university students volunteering.
This is just a suggestion.

Laters

George

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

To give you a bit of feedback, in 2004 we were in 6th year and set up this website mainly as a hobby. I'm not really sure how it got such a big following, but you're right: in 2004/2005 this forum was really busy. We never really done anything to advertise the website, so I'm not sure where the people came from smile.gif

One thing we have noticed is that we're no longer ranked as highly by Google - we used to be the top result for searches like "higher maths", but now we're not even on the first page. We've not been able to fix that either.

Right now isn't a great time for us, as we both have our final year exams coming up at uni. However, we might make the time to prepare some flyers and send them out to schools.

As for the boards being quiet, you can certainly be part of changing that! We're both maths students, so our knowledge of anything but maths has really tapered off - still, if anyone asks for help with maths we do usually make sure they get a reply. smile.gif

Punk Rock Dude

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

You really should send out flyers to schools
This board could help many people sitting their senior years of high school in Scotland.
What you've created is great and you should really release it on the world.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic