• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harvard Biology Video

werlop

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:08 PM

Just thought I'd share this video with you: http://aimediaserver.com/studiodaily/video...=640&height=520

It's a pretty wonderful 3D representation of the inside of the cell and you can see quite a lot going on - leukocytes travelling through capillaries, what the lipid membrane really looks like including lipid rafts, the cytoskeleton, actin assembly, protein cleavage, microtubule assembly, molecular motors transporting a vesicle, mRNA being released from nuclear pores, protein synthesis, the golgi body, exocytosis of a vesicle and cell to cell adhesion with what I am assuming are integrin molecules. You then get to see the process of diapedesis where the leukocyte penetrates the endothelial lining.

Rather beautiful I think.

ice_illusion

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:09 AM

Wow.

myage9999

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:24 AM

great video, just what is that big blue thing climbing the DNA. put da full copy of "if" plz

ginneswatson

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

Absolutely awesome. As a Chemist with a little Biology it was fascinating to see all the complex reactions and interactions that are involved in a 'simple' human cell. I'll definitely be showing this to my Adv Higher classes. Inspirational stuff. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. tongue.gif

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic