• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how much have you done?

sweetchick01

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

Hi!

can anyone tell me how far through the course you are?? just we seem to be a very slow,yet in other classes we have finished unit one. unsure.gif
Also the teacher isn't that great, she used to be better. plus so far we have been given no homework.

sweety

ice_illusion

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:53 PM

You are upset about not getting homework? Mad. If you feel you need homework just revise lots and write essays and such, if not celebrate.

I might be wrong (did it last year) but I think the first unit took longer for me too, it could just be that unit takes the longest to cover. It does have the harder stuff in it.

xpurple_starsx

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:35 PM

Don't worry about not being that far through. Unit 1 is longer because there are so many things in that that you just need to know (respiration etc) so it takes a lot of time to go through.

I never really got much Higher Bio homework when I did it. Only 5 or 6 essays through the whole year and the odd multi-choice test! Just keep reading and learning your notes and try the past papers. If you have a textbook the questions in there are useful and there are loads of biology books out there aimed at Higher Level. You can always ask your teacher for extra questions, I'm sure she'll be happy to mark them too.

And if there's anything you don't understand and don't want to ask about just post it here!

Pammy

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:15 PM

That's us just finished unit one, got the NAB on Thursday !!
Really nervous about it !!!!!!
*~* Pam xxx *~*

JMcD

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(Pammy @ Nov 13 2006, 04:15 PM) View Post

That's us just finished unit one, got the NAB on Thursday !!
Really nervous about it !!!!!!
*~* Pam xxx *~*

We are about a week and a half into genetics (Unit 2) but we lost 5 days because we had to move to a new building.... Good luck with the nab

jackbauer

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:43 PM

if it's any consolation, we're finishing unit 1 next week dry.gif (Human Biology)

Sammie

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:28 PM

We've just finnished mutations - though I'm doign it at college so we didn't even start the course till the end of august.

Sammi

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:31 PM

That's interesting, I'm almost finished unit 2!!!

Our teacher thinks it's better to race through the course and have a good amount of time for revision at the end. Personally I'd rather go a little slower and make sure we know the course properly.

P.S - Nice to meet another Sammi/Sammie. smile.gif

sweetchick01

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(Sammi @ Dec 17 2006, 02:31 PM) View Post

That's interesting, I'm almost finished unit 2!!!

Our teacher thinks it's better to race through the course and have a good amount of time for revision at the end. Personally I'd rather go a little slower and make sure we know the course properly.

P.S - Nice to meet another Sammi/Sammie. smile.gif

lucky you...
we are just about two thrids of the way through this unit, and will be working right up to the prelim in feb.

no pressure though, only every period does the teacher say how much work we have! ermm.gif

jackbauer

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(Sammie @ Dec 11 2006, 03:28 PM) View Post

We've just finnished mutations - though I'm doign it at college so we didn't even start the course till the end of august.

omg are you in my class?! what's your lecturer's initials?

ohmy.gif

Daniel Williamson

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:41 AM

My class is on adaptaions of living animals which i think is a good bit into unit 2? seems a bit ahead of some people. maybe its just my teacher. Also i have had lots of homework not digging it

Stephanie07

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

were half way through topic 3-growth and how genes are switched on and off...quite interesting!

sweetchick01

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

we have just started unit 3 today. looks like it is going to be interesting... huh.gif

Cheese Eating Penguins

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

first unit always takes longer. we finished unit 3 just before the easter holidays. they say you should revise over easter but hey, who does? much more fun things to do and thats what study leave is for. i think the lekkie and lekkie revision notes are pretty good for summing things up and the textbook goes into detail so if theres something you dont understand or remember when reading revision notes, go back to the textbook, otherwise i'd probs suggest using revision notes most. thats what im doing this year and im still in line for getting an A so good luck pplz. hope ya all pass well blink.gif

Crystal

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(sweetchich01 @ Oct 23 2006, 08:05 PM) View Post
Hi!

can anyone tell me how far through the course you are?? just we seem to be a very slow,yet in other classes we have finished unit one. unsure.gif
Also the teacher isn't that great, she used to be better. plus so far we have been given no homework.

sweety

my teachers the sme were doin our unit 1 nab tomzo blink.gif unsure.gif oh nooo lol
no hme work thts not rte wever had alot ask 4 sme ask 4 eessays or extended responces!!
xx

xClairex

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:49 PM

we did the unit 1 nab before the october holidays

we have just finished chromosome mutations got mini nab tomorrow sad.gif

c r smit

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(xClairex @ Oct 31 2007, 10:49 PM) View Post
we did the unit 1 nab before the october holidays

we have just finished chromosome mutations got mini nab tomorrow sad.gif

have you finished tyhe corce yet?

• You cannot start a new topic