Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Choosing 3 subjects? - HSN forum

Choosing 3 subjects?

8 replies to this topic

#1 rs89

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

Do you think ill get away with this?

Im taking Adv Graphic, Higher English andHigher Business Managment

#2 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:05 PM

Well, I did 3 subjects last year, and it was allowed. At the end of the day, they can't force you to do 4.
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#3 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:07 PM

Depends on your schools policies.

In my school the policy was 4 and no less subjects. But if you did an AH they were more relaxed with the rules, and later in the year the got more relaxed too.

Just pressure you guidance teacher into letting you do just the 3.

#4 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

In my school its a minimum of 3 regardless of whether its highers or advanced highers. I suppose it depends on how the school operates.

#5 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

Our school is a minimum of 4 subjects, unless you're doing 3 AHs

#6 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Aug 21 2006, 06:38 PM) View Post

Our school is a minimum of 4 subjects, unless you're doing 3 AHs
That's the same as my school.

If you are getting forced to do 4 subjects, they're not going to keep on forcing you all year. If they make you do 4, chances are you'll only have to go for the first couple of weeks, just gradually stop appearing or say that you're finding the course too difficult.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#7 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:50 PM

I only did 2 at school last year, - Adv higher Art and Music...and and Higher French through open learning. School was fine with itm but it had its pros and cons.

#8 pinkmartini

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:42 PM

We get forced to do 4 subjects unless your doing 2 AH but usually you can drop something in the middle of the year if it's too much work and when it's too late to start something else.

#9 Indie_Cindy

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:04 PM

^^thats the exact same as my school.
Although im hoping that if i do 1 advanced, 1 crash and another higher they'll let me do 3. Since doing a crash will be a lot more work than a normal higher.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users