• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Probelms and Complaint U have a problem or wanna complain...

Discogirl17

Posted 14 August 2004 - 05:27 PM

Well this is the topic for complaints about results and problems with marking and exams and official standing points on what can and cant be done to get we the Scottish students a better service.

Paul

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:25 PM

AH Art definitely has to be looked at, I have heard of a lot of ppl who have receied lower than their predicted grade, out of approx 30-45 ppl, I havent heard of 1 with an A! Is ther a page on SQA site that tells us percentage gettin As and Bs etc?

Shandogg

PS any1 else affected by AH Art??

Ally

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:00 PM

Although I did get my A in Information Systems ( biggrin.gif ), I was quite surprised that the number achieving an A in Info Sys is terribly low. Only 299/2833 (10.6%) got an A for Info Sys. Whereas, the number of people getting an A in music is quite high: 1750/3829 (45.7%) to be precise.

I mean, wouldn't it make sense to lower the A/B/C boundaries for Info Sys until it was in line with the other subjects?

Shandogg, have you seen this file? It shows you the number of people who got A/B/C for all subjects.

CurrieG2

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:59 PM

Hi

I just got my results today (Saturday) because i was on holiday LoL What a wait LoL!!!!

For Geography Higher i got a B but in my prelims i always i got high A's so do u think i should appeal????

Currie G2 smile.gif

bred

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(CurrieG2 @ Aug 14 2004, 08:59 PM)
Hi

I just got my results today (Saturday) because i was on holiday LoL What a wait LoL!!!!

For Geography Higher i got a B but in my prelims i always i got high A's so do u think i should appeal????

Currie G2 smile.gif

View Post

There's never any harm in appealing. Especially if you got a high end grade A and in more than one prelim. I don't know what the chances of successful appealing for As are but it sounds as though you've got a good case.

sazzlemcbazzle

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:42 PM

Hey I had friends who were doing Advanced Higher Art and when they received their results were totally shocked cause most of them got lower than predicted. Many were predicted A's and got lower - B's and C's. I only know 1 person so far from about 25 who got an A. From what I was hearing they were complaining that the some people who got C's for their art work were exceptionally better than others and did not feel that they deserved such a low grade.

little_minx

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(Shandogg @ Aug 14 2004, 07:25 PM)
AH Art definitely has to be looked at, I have heard of a lot of ppl who have receied lower than their predicted grade, out of approx 30-45 ppl, I havent heard of 1 with an A! Is ther a page on SQA site that tells us percentage gettin As and Bs etc?

Shandogg

PS any1 else affected by AH Art??

View Post

I didn't do Art myself, but 3 of my friends were predicted A's. 2 got C's and one got a D! I've not spoken to anyone who's done remotely well - I've heard it's coz the people who mark the art folios are like 80 and so out of touch with the subject!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic