• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free Periods

Michael

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

In my school we dont have a common room or anything so the free periods tend to drag in. Anyone got any creative and entertaining suggestions as to what to do with all the extra time.

Mike

loved-up-loon

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

We arent even allowed to have free periods...for registartion purposes and all that jazz, we have to have a full timetable and its bloody annoying as Id rather spend my time concentrating on 4 subjects rather than doing 5 because I have too...
But IF i had free periods Id probably just go buy food and sit in art or music or the cafeteria and do nothing at all!

ScotlandGirl

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:44 PM

It's the same with us, we don't get our common room until after the summer. So we spend a lot of time in the library, which is great fun... not!

Although some people - not me of course wink.gif - just go out of school and get coffee in Starbucks or wherever. I don't think the school is being too strict on us yet since we don't have anything to study in the study periods! You can always say you didn't know it wasn't allowed since we're new into 6th year. I'm not recommending this, I'm just saying!

Michael

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(loved-up-loon @ Jun 7 2006, 05:12 PM) View Post

We arent even allowed to have free periods...for registartion purposes and all that jazz, we have to have a full timetable and its bloody annoying as Id rather spend my time concentrating on 4 subjects rather than doing 5 because I have too...
But IF i had free periods Id probably just go buy food and sit in art or music or the cafeteria and do nothing at all!

Our school was like that in S5 but in S6 its a minimum of 3 subjects and ive got about 13 free hours a week lol.

Gill

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:37 PM

hide and seek combined with a.maths hw is how we're planning to spend our free periods for this year.
it's good to see we've matured so much over the years...
cards are also a good idea for when hide and seek gets boring!

broughy

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:19 PM

we played hide & seek in our free periods in 6th year. that was rather fun. we also used to go to the shops across the road & get food, & there was endless card games aswell

ice_illusion

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:22 PM

We have been told that we have to sit in the library and study if we haven't planned something else with heads. Theres going to be a register in the library.
I still haven't had one yet.

ScoobyDoo

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:26 PM

Well, our school does have a common room but due to the countless number of pranks this year's 6th year have pulled, I doubt we're even going to get a common room next year! lol.

Pulling the radiator off the wall, throwing wet paper towels on the ceiling and throwing rolls and rolls of toilet paper about the room are just some of the things that have happened this year!! tongue.gif

x_Jo_x

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:42 PM

pffft you are all lucky you even have a common room! Apparently, we "have no room" in the school that could accommodate us in free periods etc. jeesh. I have heard that basically since the beginning of time our 6th years have wanted a common room and have been desperately trying to get one each and every year, but to no prevail. mad.gif

Amazoph

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

There used to be a 6th year common room at my school - it was a prefab hut blink.gif

It got removed a few years ago for more car parking room though -.- So looks like next year I'll be spending my extra free periods (here we have 2 free periods in 5th year biggrin.gif ) in the school canteen/library or just generally loafing about tongue.gif

floss

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:16 PM

We don't really have 'free' periods. In sixth year we can have one column where we don't take a subject but have study instead, but even then we're allocated a classroom to sit in. I wish we could just go to the sixth year area, but I think we're only allowed to do that for one period a week sad.gif

Yan

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:03 AM

Wow.. so it seems like our school so far is the only one with a common room besides ScoobyDoo's.

We have a small and dirty common room but it is there after all tongue.gif Last year's sixth years completely trashed the common room when they left, they stuck dead fishes behind the radiator, and put dead fish up into the roof next to pipes which is disgusting, they didn't get fined though cause it was the sixth's years now that found it after summer.

Sixth years now have told us that the ceiling tiles with smiley faces on them have a cup of water over them... and they snuck in a snooker table and air hockey table but got the snooker table taken off cause there's dents in the wall from people chucking the balls.

Apparently we have to pay a deposit to use it now >.>

Indie_Cindy

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:51 PM

Yeah we have a common room, althoguh we wont get it until after the summer (safety checks etc). There was a lot of money left over from the christmas dance so lots of stuff got bought for the common room. Theres a tv, freeview, stereo, micowave, kettle and normally someone will bring in a PS2 or something.
we need to have 4 collums though, unless your doing 3 advances.

Yan

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:16 PM

Theres a tv, freeview, stereo, micowave, kettle and normally someone will bring in a PS2 or something.
we need to have 4 collums though, unless your doing 3 advances.

We aren't allowed kettles etc. cause last time a teacher set off the fire alarm with a burnt bit of toast in the computing department so we've been banned from having those.

Our headteacher stresses that it's a study area not a common area. Although they hypocritically call it a common room XD

william

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

any ideas how to pass time in study cos ive not really started my courses yet smile.gif ive got about 4 or 5 studys a day so the first day bk the day was really really boring tongue.gif

englisher

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

We don't start 6th year till after summer but we have a 5 year old purpose built common room in the english department.

xClairex

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

we start 6th year on monday but we have induction days for 6th year on the thursday and friday :s doesn't make much sense but hey

we aren't likely to have a lot of free periods because now we have to do pe twice a week, and have one period of se and one period of rmps sad.gif

Chas

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:39 PM

Got my timetable for June today. Different one in August though. Ended up with at least two free periods a day for this month anyway. Probably because i'm only doing 3 subjects this year.

Amazoph

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

I got my timetable - some days, I have 3 free periods and others just 2. Doing 3 subjects this year, but they are all AHs so guess I will need the study time tongue.gif

Indie_Cindy

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:59 PM

I got my timetable yesterday and i'm doing 4 subjects, so i have at least one free period a day, which is good. I dropped maths so i have 6 free periods a week, but my college class doesn't start until August , so just now i have 11 free periods a week smile.gif.

• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic