• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anticipating the Results

George

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:33 PM

I think that's just a press release, and the heading indicates to newspaper editors that they're not allowed to release the story before tomorrow.

I wonder if a link to the file counts as publishing? tongue.gif

sazzlemcbazzle

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:34 PM

get my post between 7.30 and 9.00, depends on the postmans mood! Hope i get two A's and two C's if im lucky

werlop

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(ally @ Aug 9 2004, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE(werlop @ Aug 9 2004, 09:24 PM)

Where did you find the file?

I agree aswell, they really are insecure.

I wonder what other stuff is lying about in the site.

View Post

I just looked in the files directory on their site: http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/, sorted by date to see what were the latest files published and there u go, lol.

Ally

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:04 PM

My post usually comes at about 9, although last year I received my results at about 11.30.

George

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(werlop @ Aug 9 2004, 10:43 PM)
I just looked in the files directory on their site: http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/, sorted by date to see what were the latest files published and there u go, lol.

View Post

Eeek, that's quite sloppy on their part. Someone ought to tell them about hierarchical filing systems tongue.gif

Martin

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE(George @ Aug 9 2004, 10:15 PM)

View Post

Eeek, that's quite sloppy on their part. Someone ought to tell them about hierarchical filing systems tongue.gif

View Post

How easy it is to disable directory browsing!
1 line in an .htaccess file!

Terrence

Posted 10 August 2004 - 05:41 AM

Eeeek! Only a few more hours to go.

What on Earth am I doing up at 6:40am? Heh!

Shaun

Posted 10 August 2004 - 05:44 AM

Join the club! I can't get back to sleep! Mail won't come till about 11-12am. Before all the RoyalMail changed everything, I used to get mail around 9am-ish.

Ally

Posted 10 August 2004 - 08:05 AM

Information Systems has the lowest percentage of people getting A's out of all the subjects, with only 10.55% people achieving the A grade.

Music and French have the highest percentage of people achieving A's, with 46% achieving an A for music, and 41% achieiving an A for French

Guest_Iain_*

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:06 PM

I have a horrible feelin that since the pass rate for English increased (presumably due to the more straight-forward close readin; there's no way they would have decreased the percentages needed even more) to a level almost as high as the 2002 levels (look at the notes on the last page of NQCertification2004MainRelease.doc) that the SQA will now be able to easily pretend the new Higher English is as fair and well designed as the old one.

Damn.

Ally

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Iain @ Aug 10 2004, 12:06 PM)
I have a horrible feelin that since the pass rate for English increased (presumably due to the more straight-forward close readin; there's no way they would have decreased the percentages needed even more) to a level almost as high as the 2002 levels (look at the notes on the last page of NQCertification2004MainRelease.doc) that the SQA will now be able to easily pretend the new Higher English is as fair and well designed as the old one.

Damn.

View Post

Notice how they didn't say anything about the pass rates for:

- Admin which went from 68.4% to 64.6%
- Craft & Design which went from 63.1% to 57.3%
- Geography which went from 72.1% to 69.8%
- Info Systems which went from 65.7% to 64.5%
- Physics which went from 73.7% to 72.5%

werlop

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Martin @ Aug 10 2004, 01:09 AM)
QUOTE(George @ Aug 9 2004, 10:15 PM)

View Post

View Post

How easy it is to disable directory browsing!
1 line in an .htaccess file!

View Post

They seem to have fixed the problem now, they have added a blank index.html file to that directory. I reckon they looked at their log files and saw how many people were accessing these files before they should have been.

True about .htaccess, but the apache manual recommends that they are not used if can be avoided, all directives, even for directory authentication should be entered in httpd.conf

But I digress tongue.gif

You used to be able to get into the SQA website administration section via a similar method (admittedly you were soon prompted for passwords), but still the site should have been set up only to allow administration from certain domains/ipaddress/hostnames.

Dave

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:59 PM

mor like they saw you lot talking about it and stopped it ASAP

Ally

Posted 11 August 2004 - 09:08 PM

It might've only been accessible that evening due to the press, since newspapers usually always do (most of) their articles the night before. Anyway, thats what me thinks. cool.gif

werlop

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(ally @ Aug 11 2004, 09:08 PM)
It might've only been accessible that evening due to the press, since newspapers usually always do (most of) their articles the night before.  Anyway, thats what me thinks. cool.gif

View Post

That directory has been open and accessible for months, it has long been a source of information ahead of offical publication.

Discogirl17

Posted 14 August 2004 - 05:20 PM

The page is still downloadable but anyway yes the SQA should be more secure but in a way what eaxctly can we do with the results nothing its not as if its personal info or anything.

Discogirl17

Posted 14 August 2004 - 05:24 PM

O no wait I see what u mean. What is now there is an edited version, o well ok. Now that I am against, they should publish the full lot to the public not just this rubbish where the end notes are well english and maths pass rates are up so who cares about the rest.

• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic