• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

bio/human bio

xhurdlergirlx

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:22 PM

how different are bio and human bio? r they totally different courses?
wuld it be stupid to do both??

x_Claire_x

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:51 PM

they are quite alot different from each other but they do have some common aspects

xpurple_starsx

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

I did both (don't ask! My school wouldn't run AH blah de blah). I got an A for both of them but I think Human Biology was a bit harder. All they have in common is the basic geneticss/cells/proteins aspect. Human Biology teaches you about the heart, reproduction, the brain and all that type of thing. I really liked it but then I am doing a degree in Biology! It did help me a bit with uni work, specially the heart and reproduction parts.

Nathan

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ May 22 2006, 06:11 PM) View Post

I did both (don't ask! My school wouldn't run AH blah de blah). I got an A for both of them but I think Human Biology was a bit harder. All they have in common is the basic geneticss/cells/proteins aspect. Human Biology teaches you about the heart, reproduction, the brain and all that type of thing. I really liked it but then I am doing a degree in Biology! It did help me a bit with uni work, specially the heart and reproduction parts.

see in terms of ucas points, do you get 72 for each then?...i'd quite like to to human biology next year...how hard do you think it would be to teach yourself the course?

xpurple_starsx

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:32 PM

Say you get a B for "normal" Biology and then go on to get an A in Human Biology, the normal Bio mark wouldn't be counted. So only the one you get the best mark in counts. Most unis don't use the points system anyway. Basically I would only do it if you seriously wanted to do Biology at uni, and even then I'd maybe say AH might be a better option, unless your other subjects are really tough.

I think you probably could teach yourself if you're dedicated and have the Torrance textbook!

Nathan

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:38 PM

it's just that i'm wanting to do medicine and i thought the course might be more relevant...i'm already doing 4 subjects anyway, so i'll think about it

ice_illusion

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:41 PM

The human biology and the advanced higher exams were at the same time today. I know you can get times changed slightly but it gives me the idea that maybe not many people do both at once.

Nathan

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

i don't think there's much point in doing both at the same time...like purple stars said, you can't count them in terms of two qualifications when it comes to ucas points, and yes, all higher and advanced higher biology was on at the same time today

Stephanie07

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

yea...2/3s of bio are exactly the same as human bio...so i really dont think there would b any point in doing it, only if u fail higher bio and do human the following year

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic