• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2005 - Multiple choice - Q16,23,34,40 2005 ones

Pammy

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Pyrefly @ May 22 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post

there is 75% on the first graph which is the amount that has been lost!
there is 25% on the second graph the amount that is left!

so...the 25% is 2 half lifes. And 8 days devided by the 2 half lifes means the half life is 4days

(basically you can ignore the first one....its just what has been lost...i think)

Ahhhh ok then!!! Thankyou biggrin.gif

Pyrefly

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(Pammy @ May 22 2006, 05:01 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Pyrefly @ May 22 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post

there is 75% on the first graph which is the amount that has been lost!
there is 25% on the second graph the amount that is left!

so...the 25% is 2 half lifes. And 8 days devided by the 2 half lifes means the half life is 4days

(basically you can ignore the first one....its just what has been lost...i think)

Ahhhh ok then!!! Thankyou biggrin.gif

I wouldn't trust that 100%...its just a theory tongue.gif

It works a little better than egnore the first graph..or devide 8 by 2 tongue.gif

Daron Malakian

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:40 PM

in the final exam which i did last year i had no clue how to do some of the multi choice questions. however, this was not a problem because you just put a line through all 4 answers and, because a computer marks it and only checks if u have a line in the right box, the computer marks it right.

when my teacher broke my mark into sections i had full marks for section A.

Pyrefly

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE(Daron Malakian @ May 22 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

in the final exam which i did last year i had no clue how to do some of the multi choice questions. however, this was not a problem because you just put a line through all 4 answers and, because a computer marks it and only checks if u have a line in the right box, the computer marks it right.

that cant be right...otherwise you would get the whole of scotland with full marks for section A.

Does anyone know if the multi choice is in pencil this year like it was for Physics? Useing the graphite would show the computer exactly where you had marked and would not award you if you put it in all boxes.

Maybe you just had a fluke last year.

Nathan

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(Pyrefly @ May 23 2006, 10:31 AM) View Post

that cant be right...otherwise you would get the whole of scotland with full marks for section A.

Does anyone know if the multi choice is in pencil this year like it was for Physics? Useing the graphite would show the computer exactly where you had marked and would not award you if you put it in all boxes.

Maybe you just had a fluke last year.

yes, it's to be done in pencil wink.gif

Pammy

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE(Daron Malakian @ May 22 2006, 09:40 PM) View Post

Sorry but I don't think that's right, if you mark down more than one answer you automatically get it wrong, even if one of them is right, and even if I'm wrong, I don't think I'd be taking that chance.
Also, the only person you're cheating is yourself as your grade is not a true reflection on your ability.

Edit: Also, if you decide to change one of your mc answers, you MUST rub it out, not score a line through it, because the computer will detect it, hence blowing your theory out of the water.

Blondie

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:53 PM

The computer checks where the blanks are, not where the lines are.

Nathan

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:11 PM

if you wanna discuss this any further, i suggest you start a new topic wink.gif

anyway, to get back on topic,

hah...i know how to do question 40 biggrin.gif

and whoever said to ignore the first graph was on the right lines wink.gif

what you do is that you look at the 2nd graph and see that there is 25%...which means 2 half lives have taken place over the 8 days and therefore 1 halflife = 4days biggrin.gif

Pyrefly

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(nathanm @ May 23 2006, 04:11 PM) View Post

if you wanna discuss this any further, i suggest you start a new topic wink.gif

anyway, to get back on topic,

hah...i know how to do question 40 biggrin.gif

and whoever said to ignore the first graph was on the right lines wink.gif

what you do is that you look at the 2nd graph and see that there is 25%...which means 2 half lives have taken place over the 8 days and therefore 1 halflife = 4days biggrin.gif

Ya i worked that much out smile.gif

The first line was the other 75%

Ally

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(Daron Malakian @ May 22 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post
however, this was not a problem because you just put a line through all 4 answers and, because a computer marks it and only checks if u have a line in the right box, the computer marks it right..
I can assure you, that this doesn't work.

Please don't try doing that anyone!

• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic