• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Part time/ full time jobs whos working what and where to save up for uni next year for the fist

Array

Pete

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:47 PM

That actually sounds not too bad. The good outweighs the bad in that for me, do you have a link/phone number/whatever? It would give me a chance to get some money in during the holidays...

smb

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:28 PM

Well the agency I am with is based in Livingston so most of the jobs are thereabouts although I think there are a few in Glasgow area. Im sure there might be a few agencies closer to your part of the country thoough if oyu have a look.

But honestly, the jobs can be extremely boring. Like 8 hour shifts of washing dishes which I did twice in a row last week. Then again, walking away with 50 for doing it was worth it for me tongue.gif Just keep thinking "its only a summer job!" and its fine. Also, remember there might not be work available.

If you're still interested i recommend oyu look to see if there are agencies closer to home.

And I dont know if every agency is the same, but I had no formal interview to worry about with mine.

Pete

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:51 AM

I could wash dishes for 8 hours for 50... That's no problem with me tongue.gif

I'll have a browse around, see if I can find any. Thanks for the tip smile.gif

ice_illusion

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

There might be getting less of those jobs now. I've got one last (36hr) week and then I won't be down for regular work since all the holiday folks will be off home. (I can come back next year if I like) Theres still a few more weeks the university people will get then restuarants will get quiet.

djh1878

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:31 PM

I'm getting a TESCO transfer - really easy job, and really good pay! It's around 5.80 an hour when you hit 18, and you get 10% off everything (all items under 100) in store after a year. smile.gif

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic