• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2006 Solutions First draft of Paper 1 available

Mr H

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:48 PM

Here are worked solutions to the 2006 paper.

Unless I've made any daft mistakes in my hurry they should be OK. (Let me know if you find any please!)

Hope you like what you see!! biggrin.gif

http://www.invergordon.highland.sch.uk/dep...amsolutions.htm

P.S. These are my solutions and are not the definitive solutions. There are often alternative ways to solve a question and different ways of leaving an answer. For example, straight line equations can be arranged a few ways. If your solutions don't exactly match these that doesn't necessarily mean that you are wrong or won't gain full/partial marks.

Richard_05

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:06 PM

Thanks biggrin.gif
Fo 3)a)
wud you get any marks for leaving em in the 2(2x-3)+3 form etc? or do u have to take it further ><

Joel

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:34 PM

Very useful thanks. cool.gif

Mr H

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ May 19 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

Thanks biggrin.gif
Fo 3)a)
wud you get any marks for leaving em in the 2(2x-3)+3 form etc? or do u have to take it further ><

I couldn't say for sure, it depends on the marking scheme. My guess is that for linear expressions such as these you might be expected to simplify. But don't hold me to that!

Mr H

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:32 PM

I've just finished a quickly handwritten copy of Paper 2.

The PDF quality has been reduced to keep the file size low.

A typed version will follow soon.

Typed version of paper 2 now complete.

SncZ

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:36 PM

TYVM Mr H, smile.gif i can now get some sleep. i got 97% in p1 and 90% in paper 2 according to your answer scheme which i will assume is correct tongue.gif.... im off to bed now

p.s. i cant believe i never i never checked the diagram if x=-2 would work sad.gif those are normally the easiest part of the paper....why is it theyhad to put a twist in it this year ! i'm sure the people who make up our papers just hate my yeargroup.... a 'solid' sg paper and then sneaky twists here there and everywhere in the higher one sad.gif

anyway, thanks again

Mr H

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(SncZ @ May 20 2006, 12:36 AM) View Post

got 97% in p1 and 90% in paper 2 according to your answer scheme which i will assume is correct

Well done, a fantastic score!!

Allana

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:38 AM

Thanks a lot for the solutions!

I marked my answers quite strictly and predict I have 83% for paper 1 and 92% for paper 2 which is overall 87%. Woo! biggrin.gif

Rashail

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:08 AM

Thanks! I got a least 80% in paper 2 because I only gave myself marks for the ones I got totally right because I didnt know how to mark partial credit. I didnt have time to write down my answers for paper 1 so I dont know what I got on that dry.gif

ad absurdum

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:51 AM

Thank you very much for posting this. Going by it, I think I've got full marks in paper one and dropped about 6 marks or so in paper two. There's bound to be other marks I will have lost that I haven't noticed though, but I think that I have got over 90% anyway.

Amna55

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

Thank you very much smile.gif

Jamie Doc

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:50 PM

could be wrong but for the last question in paper 2 do you not just substitute -2 and 2 into the area formula ?

this would mean that x would equal -2 for the largest possible value of x

adilxs

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:05 PM

anyone got a copy of paper 1?, please pm me.

thanks

ice_illusion

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(Jamie Doc @ May 20 2006, 01:50 PM) View Post

could be wrong but for the last question in paper 2 do you not just substitute -2 and 2 into the area formula ?

this would mean that x would equal -2 for the largest possible value of x

It's outwith the area they let you have numbers in. x has to be bigger than 1.
I did x=-2 too.

celticfcz

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:17 PM

thanks for posting the answers.
going by it I have about 55-65% so hopefully its above 60%.( I am definately hoping for marks for working, will they be lenient with this?)
Anyone know what the cut off for a B might be?
Thanks

**Bernadette**

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:47 PM

Thanks very much Mr H!!! I am very happy now!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

bigyun

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(Mr H @ May 19 2006, 10:48 PM) View Post

Here's a quick first draft of paper 1.

Unless I've made any daft mistakes in my hurry they should be OK. (Let me know if you find any please!)

Will get paper 2 typed up over the weekend.

Hope you like what you see!! biggrin.gif

P.S. These are my solutions and are not the definitive solutions. There are often alternative ways to solve a question and different ways of leaving an answer. For example, straight line equations can be arranged a few ways. If your solutions don't exactly match these that doesn't necessarily mean that you are wrong or won't gain full/partial marks.

looks like uve got a lot of spare time on your hands sir
any chance of the ansewrs for this years advnaced higher

Ali89

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:56 PM

anyone know how many marks you would lose for having the wave function question in degrees and not radians? (like i did! unsure.gif )... just goes to show you need to really read the questions...

Adam

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:02 PM

Is it possible to get half-marks in Maths..?

celticfcz

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(Ali89 @ May 20 2006, 06:56 PM) View Post

anyone know how many marks you would lose for having the wave function question in degrees and not radians? (like i did! unsure.gif )... just goes to show you need to really read the questions...

i did the same! i think the question was worth 4 marks so we should just lose 1 mark(hopefully!)

• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic