• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Woohoo It's Over :)

x_Claire_x

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:06 PM

did anyone else reject the proposal or was it just me ? lol tongue.gif

everyone ive spoke to said that privately run treatment centres should be involved in the nhs.

loved-up-loon

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:15 PM

I recommended it, so did everybody i spoke to after the exam.

x_Claire_x

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:17 PM

lol i suck tongue.gif

ScotlandGirl

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:19 PM

I recommended it too but it's not a big deal, you don't get any marks for just choosing one or the other! It's what you backed your point up with that counts.

loved-up-loon

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, as long as your reasons for choosing it are valid and help to back it up then youll be fine dont worry!

djh1878

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(x_Claire_x @ May 15 2006, 03:06 PM) View Post

did anyone else reject the proposal or was it just me ? lol tongue.gif

everyone ive spoke to said that privately run treatment centres should be involved in the nhs.

I rejected it! cool.gif It doesn't matter which one you choose though, it's your justification that counts. smile.gif

x_Claire_x

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:26 PM

lol we rock tongue.gif hopefully i get a gd enough mark on this paper since my paper 1 was kinda bad lol

Richard_05

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:49 PM

The evaluating questions were easy I thought. For made up BK knowledge, find a health site with lotsa stuff on it and no search button. If they do look, they won't be bothered to try find it that way :]

Gill

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:26 PM

so glad it's over, no more modern studies! (since i wont be resitting if i fail!)

i recommended the proposal, couldn't find enough to reject it, lol, i think my DME should be ok, hopefully!

loved-up-loon

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:07 PM

No more modern studies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

Klass Clown

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(loved-up-loon @ May 15 2006, 05:07 PM) View Post

No more modern studies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

Well, for some - i felt the same after the exam before realising Im taking AH next year!

loved-up-loon

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

No way am I doing AH, i struggled enough with higher!

x_Claire_x

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

my school aren't doing advanced next year

cc100

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

Paper went OK for me today. Paper 1 wasn't too bad, but I wasn't impressed with the China questions and did the America ones instead. Did the healthcare DME and argued for the private treatment centres as well. Can't remember much BK I used, but I wrote a bit about fundholding hospitals under the Tories etc. and, of course, those good old principles of the NHS. smile.gif

Richard_05

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

Mine don't do AH either

loved-up-loon

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:04 PM

Nope mine either.

*Kiran*

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:59 PM

W00t!! go us!!

biggrin.gif

Lucia

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:30 PM

I thought it was a good paper so hopefully I got a good mark but I suck at memorising statistics and people's names so I might not have put enough information in with the answers. I liked the questions on voting systems and voting behaviour and health but I found the ethnic minorities ones harder - I had a bit of a blank.

The DME went OK I think. At least I managed to finish it because I usually don't. I think I rambled on a bit with that. I think I did the evaluation questions really badly.

Hopefully I did alright. I'm just hoping for a B. I don't think I did as well as I did in the prelim.

ShadowsWake

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:41 PM

I thought the paper was REALLY reasonable, in comparison to the previous year especially. I think we were so lucky to get a paper like this just before they change the content of the course. However, the ones on Internation Issues were significantly more difficult, especially for South Africa. But I think I did ok. I answered:

- Apart from the media, what are the main influences on Voting Behaviour in the UK? (Wrong wording?)
- There are fairer voting systems than First Past The Post. Discuss.
- What evidence is there of health inequalities in the UK? (Godsend!)
- What are the main features of the South African political system?
- To what extend have the South African Government dealt successfully with two of the following:

Education;
Housing;
Land Ownership.

I thought they were pretty reasonable, and I thought the DME was too! Good luck everybody!

*Kiran*

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(ShadowsWake @ May 16 2006, 08:41 PM) View Post

- What evidence is there of health inequalities in the UK? (Godsend!)

Aww....tell me about it!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic