Jade

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:44 AM

Hey,how did everyone get on?
I thought it was a gift of a paper smile.gif
So i think i've definently passed
Did use all find it fairly easy aswell?

Mikey_Pee

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:49 AM

How did it go? Any chance you could tell me the politics questions? I sat it last year and thought it was amazing, ended up with an A.

My mate went out drinking last night before the exam, but he''s the type of person to actually be able to pull off an A anyway, but I'm still waiting on a text back from him!

Richard_05

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:03 PM

Politics questions were

A1 - Describe the powers and responsibilites of the Prime Minister
To what extent do the media influence decision making in central government?

A2- Describe the powers and responsibilities of Scottish local authorities
To what extent has devolution changed the way in which decisions are made for Scotland?

A3 Describe the organisation of one of the following political parties

Cons
Labour
Lib dem

Examine the success of the SNP in recent elections

A4
a) other than the media, what factors influence voting behavior?

There are fairer electoral systems than FPTP
Discuss

on the note, I thought the paper on the whole was ok. Scottish parliament questions were easy, health care was easy and the global security was a bit tricky from the wording of the questions. The DME suprised me, private treatment places or something? I forgot already hehe, anyway, hoping/expecting an A, I have definetly passed I think (Hope I am not jinxing myself)

loved-up-loon

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:11 PM

The paper was surprisingly easy! The question on voting influences was a gift, as were the first two Healthcare ones. the last politics of food one was as well...Government actions are the main cause of food insecurity Discuss.

The DME was reallt weird though, did anybody else think that?

Richard_05

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:11 PM

I thought the DME blew, just my opinion smile.gif

Allana

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:12 PM

woohooo that was a gift of a paper! Definately confident of an A. smile.gif

I agree that the DME was rather strange, I argued in favour of private treatment centres and I managed it quite easily.

loved-up-loon

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:15 PM

Yeah thats what I did as well! so glad its over! tongue.gif

ScotlandGirl

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ May 15 2006, 01:12 PM) View Post

I agree that the DME was rather strange, I argued in favour of private treatment centres and I managed it quite easily.

I did as well. I also used your life-saving tip of making up the BK, as I only knew 1 thing unsure.gif I think they'll be able to tell I was making it up though! 'According to a recent survey 32% of hospital patients are unhappy with the standard of care they receive'...

princess

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:29 PM

Hi, I found it generally ok (ish!). Just had 1 problem with the 2nd scotland question. What did everyone put? I'm not sure if I answered correctly.

x_Claire_x

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:34 PM

man i thought that paper was soo hard sad.gif

**Bernadette**

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:47 PM

I thought the paper was good overall. I am just glad it's over. Only three more!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(x_Claire_x @ May 15 2006, 01:34 PM) View Post

Don't worry! Quite a few people at my school found it hard. Did you manage to finish the paper?

Allana

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(ScotlandGirl @ May 15 2006, 01:21 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Allana @ May 15 2006, 01:12 PM) View Post

I did as well. I also used your life-saving tip of making up the BK, as I only knew 1 thing unsure.gif I think they'll be able to tell I was making it up though! 'According to a recent survey 32% of hospital patients are unhappy with the standard of care they receive'...

Don't worry about it! I think i made up 2 pieces of bk and 1 that I already knew.

It's not as if they'll go and check up on what you said, just as long as it backs up the point you made smile.gif

x_Claire_x

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(BM89 @ May 15 2006, 01:47 PM) View Post

I thought the paper was good overall. I am just glad it's over. Only three more!! biggrin.gif

Don't worry! Quite a few people at my school found it hard. Did you manage to finish the paper?

i never done the health question! cos i couldnt think so i thought id just start the rest

loved-up-loon

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:55 PM

Yeah I made up like all of my BK cause I knew NOTHING about it! oh well at least its over biggrin.gif

lipu

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

The general consensus is that it was a good paper. I had a look at it when my mate came out of the Higher and it looked quite a good paper! I hope you all have done well!

djh1878

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

I used the fact that 1/3 of NHS beds are taken up by the elderly about 3 times! Also, I talked about bed-blocking and examples of public/private working together. smile.gif

**Bernadette**

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(x_Claire_x @ May 15 2006, 01:54 PM) View Post

QUOTE(BM89 @ May 15 2006, 01:47 PM) View Post

i never done the health question! cos i couldnt think so i thought id just start the rest

That's good then that you did four! Some people at my school only did three and missed out the ethnic minorities question so you are not alone. smile.gif

loved-up-loon

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:50 PM

Was it just me or was everybody else really confused with the first question in the DME?(Healthcare one)
I jst made up a lot of random stuff cause I couldnt find it!

x_Claire_x

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:58 PM

i thought it was okay. i just wrote that the editor said it had a huge effect on waiting lists which contrasted with the view of euan ross when he said that privatly run treatment centres hardly made an effect on waiting lists

loved-up-loon

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:00 PM

I think I just paniced when I couldnt see anything at first and just ramboled on. so thats two marks down.

• (3 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic