• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Next Years options Psychology good :) or bad :(

snowboardin_chik_5

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:59 AM

Next year im plannin on taking 2 advanced sciences, admin and psychology but i don't wot psych is like. Is it any good?

kyle

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:38 AM

Woah, you snowboard. Awesome.

All i can tell you is at my school we didn't have a teacher for psychology, instead we had a college tutor who came in a few times a week.

I didn't take it but thats how it was.

What advanced sciences are you taking?

*Kiran*

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

I wanna take it next year but i'll have to go to college for it so i don't know if I will bother

broughy

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:56 PM

i never did higher psychology, but i did it in 1st year at uni & it was great! really interesting. if you're doing or have done biology aswell, it sort of ties in with that a bit. i'd definitely go for it - you can always drop it if it gets to be too much work!

linds

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:39 PM

My friend did Higher Psychology and she really liked it.

She got an A for it, and she's doing it at uni now as one of her three subjects, and she says it's made it a lot easier.

Only Higher she got an A for and she crashed it, hahahaha!

bred

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:52 PM

That's like me with Philosophy last year.

Terrence

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:12 PM

As far as Highers go, Psychology is pretty good.

TempName123

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

think i'll take it as well for a filler

kjh*

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:14 AM

mmm just noticed this so sorry if no one is interested anymore! I crashed higher psychology last year and ended up with an A but I absolutely hated it. There was the occasional thing of interest but apart from that it's all you learn a basic theory then you learn the studies that back it up and how to compare and analyse it all. You do get to do an investigation which is alright but quite time consuming. I also had to go to a college to do this out of school times.
Anyway good luck whatever you decide to do. biggrin.gif

mystic

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:25 PM

i'm doing the course now, its worth the travel etc. the course is something you need to stick at but its very interesting and good. mine is rather annoying because the weather is terrible but that the reason the number in the course has basically halfed, its a shame as the teachers are good.
gizmo

*Kiran*

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

anyone here still doing psychology?
if so, how are you finding it?

Indie_Cindy

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:26 PM

Yeah i was going to do Psychology this year, but my friend kind of put me off it. 2 of my friends are doing it this year andthey absolutely hate it , they said as long as you put the work in you can get an A, but they find it really boring.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic