• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Listening exam...HELP!

Emma_P

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:36 PM

Hey guys,

Just done speakin which was really nerve racking totally felt unprepared! I think am ok at the reading and the essay writing but i always mess up at the listening...any tips from people who are sitting it or already have??

Emma xxxxxxx

dehny

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(Emma_P @ Apr 20 2006, 06:36 PM) View Post

Hey guys,

Just done speakin which was really nerve racking totally felt unprepared! I think am ok at the reading and the essay writing but i always mess up at the listening...any tips from people who are sitting it or already have??

Emma xxxxxxx

always help if you get in what i like to call a german frame of mind

the night before, listen to German. tapes, watch downfall without the subtitles.. helps immeasurably

tkae your time, cant remember bt i think u can take short notes while listening,

use the gap between listenings to figure out which answers you need still

ScotlandGirl

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

Write down any German words/phrases you don't know because you can always look them up in the dictionary at the end!

Also I know it's obvious but just remember to listen really, really carefully - you can often miss out important details that are needed to get the marks e.g. you write that you stayed in 'a house' but you need to mention that it's a 'big house'.

Emma_P

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:44 PM

thanks very much! i will try that, does anyone know where i can get german movies or videos??
xxxxxxxx

bred

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:39 PM

I'm sure you could get the aforementioned Downfall at your local Blockbuster or Global Video.

dehny

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Emma_P @ Apr 24 2006, 08:44 PM) View Post

thanks very much! i will try that, does anyone know where i can get german movies or videos??
xxxxxxxx

like Bred said local vid shop

also you an get German podcast from iTunes

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic