• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats your favourite browser? just out of interest.

Array

TempName123

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:57 AM

For me it is either IE or Firefox.

both have their advantages,

for general browsing i tend to use IE cos u click it and boom its there. and for developing stuff i tend to use FF. got some cool plug-ins for it now tongue.gif

PK

SncZ

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:05 AM

mozilla

Nathan

Posted 09 April 2006 - 02:53 AM

opera...only cause my physics teacher recommended it...i used to use IE, but now it looks tacky :S

Scott

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:49 AM

Other Topic: http://www.hsn.uk.net/forum/index.php?show...2528&hl=Firefox

FireFox for me.

Joel

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:33 AM

Firefox. Although my favourites (which now contains almost 200 webpages) is still stored in internet explorer. I haven't yet had the courage to sort through them and transfer them to firefox. sad.gif

coca

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(Joel @ Apr 9 2006, 12:33 PM) View Post

Firefox. Although my favourites (which now contains almost 200 webpages) is still stored in internet explorer. I haven't yet had the courage to sort through them and transfer them to firefox. sad.gif

File -> Import?

The Wedge Effect

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:34 PM

Firefox all the way for me! biggrin.gif

SncZ

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

joel you got the chance to copy all your favorites when you installed firefox..

p.s has anyone here got the fasterfox plugin ?

TempName123

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:39 PM

think i'l go for IE, i think i am the only IE fan there is. laugh.gif i use both FF and IE but yeah all my favs and stuff are on IE and i tend to use it as my default browser. nice that it saves ur temp files aswell, unlike FF. they can come in handy. the new IE looks promising if it is not already out.

Sammie

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:46 PM

oh no no no how

my IE crashes all the time its unreliable...it slows my comp down no end. FF is soo nice though *strokes ff*

coca

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:47 PM

I'm an IE fan too! It does annoy me sometimes, especially when what works in FF doesn't in IE and things like that ohmy.gif

Joel

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(pseudotoxic @ Apr 9 2006, 01:32 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Joel @ Apr 9 2006, 12:33 PM) View Post

File -> Import?

Ah! Thanks. Still got to sort them though...

YIC

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Apr 9 2006, 03:53 AM) View Post

opera...only cause my physics teacher recommended it...i used to use IE, but now it looks tacky :S

thumbsup.gif Opera is easily the best biggrin.gif

way better than Firefox and IE combined

tongue.gif

(on windoze anyway)

on Mac I would go for Safari

oddbins

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

For me its IE - basically because i've never used any other.
Whats the differense between them?

YIC

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(oddbins @ Apr 9 2006, 04:41 PM) View Post

ohmy.gif

IE is awful! No tabs, crap security, no features....etc

Sammie

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE(YIC @ Apr 9 2006, 04:43 PM) View Post

QUOTE(oddbins @ Apr 9 2006, 04:41 PM) View Post

ohmy.gif

IE is awful! No tabs, crap security, no features....etc

Try fgirefox and you wil NEVER go back to IE!

Dave

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:57 PM

Firefox all the way. If anyone should disagree then you should go ask scott to show you some standards complient sites that are ruined in IE

As for opera there engine isnt that great. Ok its faster and such like but certain site like bank systems will not work in it which is somewhat annoying

broughy

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:32 PM

IE for me. simply because its just there - every computer i've used (home & uni, & school when i was at school) has it

Scott

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 9 2006, 06:57 PM) View Post
Firefox all the way. If anyone should disagree then you should go ask scott to show you some standards complient sites that are ruined in IE

It does ma heid in!

Very few browsers pass the Acid 2 Test but the IE developers just thought - Hey, let's make a bastardisation of the web standards so the people can have their coloured scrollbars w00t.gif

Web Designers are usually left crying because they have to code in workarounds for Internet Explorer. There's nothing worse than making a fully standards compliant web-site before realising you have to make about 300 lines of CSS workarounds so that IE can show your page.

oddbins

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Apr 9 2006, 07:40 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 9 2006, 06:57 PM) View Post

It does ma heid in!

Very few browsers pass the Acid 2 Test but the IE developers just thought - Hey, let's make a bastardisation of the web standards so the people can have their coloured scrollbars w00t.gif

Web Designers are usually left crying because they have to code in workarounds for Internet Explorer. There's nothing worse than making a fully standards compliant web-site before realising you have to make about 300 lines of CSS workarounds so that IE can show your page.

Now Im totally lost - u guys know way to much about computers.

• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic