• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Physical Geography Study

Ali89

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:29 PM

just wondering, the Geographical fieldwork study that you have to do (like Bred's soil one); does it have to be done at a set time with the class, or, like AH Biology, can you take the lead in your investigation and get it all done early?

Is it a similar idea to the AH Bio investigation?

thanks.

bred

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:39 PM

You can get it all done early (if you put the work in). smile.gif

Ali89

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

Cool! might try and get it out the way nice and early then! smile.gif So basically, I can go about doing my own fieldwork for a topic I choose.... and write the 3000 (?) word essay on it... and hand it in earlier on? Would it be counted if the teacher wasn't present though, to make sure all field work was mine?

bred

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

I think the topic is supposed to be developed from a topic in the Higher course. I'm not sure though. I don't think it has to be on a topic in Physical Geography either, although my teacher did recommend doing the study on a physical topic and the issues essay on a human topic. The report is to be a maximum of 3,000 words, yes. The earlier you get working on it the more time you have to brush it up later on if you find you're ahead of schedule. You're not expected to have a teacher accompany you in the field.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic