• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IS ok for crash next year? needing your advise

ruairidh

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

Im thinking about taking IS as a crash higher next year. I did computing studies at standard grade and got a 1. Now guidance are saying we should be filling out the 1st draft of our choice forms this week and i dunno if i should put IS down. I asked the department what they thought and they said that seeing i got a 1 in standard grade i should be ok at crash if i fully apply myself - what do you guys think? I dont wanna jump into a subject thats too hard - im afraid that my 1 might be i bit misleading (I got a 4 in the SG prelim). I would really appreciate your advise.
Ruairidh.

dfx

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:15 PM

Confirm ok for crash. Roger. Over.

coca

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

If you're into computing then you'll find this course a breeze =)

albidalbibab

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:47 PM

laurah

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:17 PM

heya, I'm currently doing the subject after doing SG computing and its quite easy if you're intersted in it. give it a go whats the worst that can happen?
*** tongue.gif laurah cool.gif ***

cathf

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

If you have SG Computing Studies then Higher IS is not a crash higher. If you want more information about the higher why not speak to your computing teacher at school, who can give you the best advice.

cf

kyle

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:56 AM

I never did at SG and found it easy at higher. smile.gif

Mind you, I'm into computers and whatnot... and did H, AH and now uni computing.

Discogirl17

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:51 PM

Yes, I did Information Systems as a 6th year higher too. It follows on from Computing Studies and is quite interesting.

Vixus

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:24 PM

IS was simple! Plenty to remember though, so don't take it for granted.

morgancc

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:08 AM

hi, im doing information systems this year and to be honest its quite a difficult subject. if u have no experience of any computing subjects i wouldnt recommend doing it probably. experience in some form of ICT subject is probably necessary but i know others who find the subject very easy so it could just be me.

sweat man

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:26 AM

easy my ass. i play on my computer at home and am realy into it ect. i do lots of things - not just play games and im failing realy bad in both this and administration

its not easy!

+ 1/2 of it is usless. my dad owns a buisness and tells me NO company even uses acess or any other database - stupid course

blondie191

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(ruairidh @ Mar 14 2006, 03:38 PM) View Post

Im thinking about taking IS as a crash higher next year. I did computing studies at standard grade and got a 1. Now guidance are saying we should be filling out the 1st draft of our choice forms this week and i dunno if i should put IS down. I asked the department what they thought and they said that seeing i got a 1 in standard grade i should be ok at crash if i fully apply myself - what do you guys think? I dont wanna jump into a subject thats too hard - im afraid that my 1 might be i bit misleading (I got a 4 in the SG prelim). I would really appreciate your advise.
Ruairidh.

Two guys in my IS class crashed it and they've got the almost highest marks in the class. lol

Tiger

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:15 PM

I did standard computin az well n I am doing higher info systems this year. Its not heard just alot to learn. I only got 4 periodds a week compared to the 8, had to do alot on my own bt. Itz fine az long az you dont leave all the learning till da very end.

kingding

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:55 PM

yeh i took information systems at higher after s-grade computing studies. its a simple course, very KU orientated, but i found the course really boring. my advice would be if you need the grades then take IS, but if you want a decent subject, head elsewhere!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic