• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Corsework help

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:46 PM

Hopefully everyone does the exact same coursework...

But in the Part 2 of the coursework it says "suggest two possible (hard drives, print servers, file servers, antivirus software)" does that mean u can just find random print servers, file servers or do u have to find ones with particular characteristics?

Pammy

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:14 PM

well thts wot I did n i got 55/60 so I think so. Just browsed the internet for, eg, file servers. Hope this helps Pam xxx

wilson2kay6

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

i done that what i did was went to Dell Home page and searched for servers, you had to get two. now in dell you can customize them you are looking to get a 300Gb hard drive 1 & 2 (it might be over but its room for expansion) get a minimum of 30 user lisinces (more might be good). regarding the print server what i done was went to Froogle and looked for print server again the serial port can be USB as that is a universal serial bus. the anti virus i again went to Froogle and searched for server editions of well knowen anti viruses e.g macafee and norten again purchasing the SAME amount of licenses as the server. regarding the hard drive it mus be external again i used Froogle and searched for external hard drive again it must be at least 300Gb if thats what your server is.

when it comes to the reports you must list all the spec. of the better one to prove to the marker that it is the best one to fit what you have been asked to do.

regarding hard copies the server one has to be printed there and then as the prices change on a daily basis and you will not get the price you initial got

GOOD LUCK WITH IT AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON

any more questions email me wilson.2005@hotmail.com and i will try and help biggrin.gif

xkarenx

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:01 PM

You guys get your marks back? We never got ours hmm. Oh well I thought the coursework went ok but finding file servers was pretty annoying I thought.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic