• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stirling Uni Anyone planning to go there?

kirsty1988

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:17 AM

I want to study Psychology at Stirling. Just wondered if anyone else was considering studying there. smile.gif

AppleCore

Posted 09 September 2005 - 11:59 AM

i did apply and ive seen the campus, its really neet and i would like to have gone there..

dondon

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:17 PM

I went to the open day there lasy year and a thing for the school where we stayed in the residences and went to pretendy lectures and stuff it was quite good but iwanted to go somewhere in a city. If you want to live on a campus thats all self contained outside the city then its a good place to go(although it does have the highest suicide rate for scotland! sad.gif )

bred

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:27 PM

Lovely campus (beautiful natural setting, theatre on campus, etc.) although as dondon says some may rather stay in a city environment. Although the campus is on the edge of town there are cheap buses into Stirling town centre.
The flats on campus are small, yet cheap. Sports facilities are very good (if you're a swimmer or tennis player at least).
Course entry requirements tend to be lower than those of Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Glasgow, and the like, which may result in degrees from Stirling being less impressive to some employers.

kirsty1988

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm used to being in an area completely away from the city life. Plus I can always hop on the train, I'm used to travelling too. Hopefully it won't make me suicidal! I think perhaps they are referring those figures to Stirling itself, which I've heard is really rough at nights etc from afew sources.

Besides the degree is accredited by the BPS, so I'll be alright lol. I hope! Plus I love countryside, haha, me running naked in fields and such like tongue.gif

krazykooki

Posted 10 September 2005 - 11:51 AM

i want to study French, German an Education at Stirling and the entry requirements are the same as most other unis that do languages slightly higher if u consider that Stirling insist that u av higher English at a B and none of the rest av that requirement at least not the ones iv looked at

maria

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:29 AM

my brother went to Stirling University, and he loved it i think. its got a great campus, plus if its a sports degree your thinking of (thats what my brother did), its got fantastic things for that, with all the sporty stuff! its also not that far from Glasgow, only around 40 minutes on the train.

i think its a great Uni, and has got a good name for itself, a few of my friends are thinking of going their for P.E. Teaching, but seemingly its VERY difficult to get in to, as their are only 12 spaces!!

werlop

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:43 AM

I have a friend who goes to Stirling (I think he is going into third year now) and he really likes it.

kirsty1988

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:04 PM

I want to study Psychology (Bsc) at Stirling. Wondered if anyone else was wanting to go, not just for Psychology. I didn't quite fancy the traditional Glasgow and Edinburgh Uni's much lol. Plus I will be used to the isolation, seen as though I live in a dead-beat area anyways.

*sofax*

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

I know a couple of people who have applied there!! not sure if they are going though!! smile.gif

Nathan

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:30 PM

How many students does it take to change a lightbulb

Stirling
None - Stirling looks better in the dark.

laugh.gif

not really, its got a really nice campus...i dont fancy it though...i also know a couple of people who have applied but im not sure if they're going either unsure.gif

Terrence

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

A couple of chaps from my old school go there and they love it!

kirsty1988

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:39 PM

Apparently the swimming pools open all hours, which I thought was quite dodgy. Fun although I don't fancy swimming with weirdos at 4am in the morning.

Lesley

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:31 PM

My best friend is gonig to do Geography at Stirling.

She's moving there in july. sad.gif

lipu

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

I have two offers to study at Stirling:

1. LLB Law (accredited by the Law Society of Scotland)
2. BA Politics with History

Hav not seen the campus as our school would only let us go to 2 open days and I was applying to four unis, but will go to applicants day to have a look round. Will probably Firmly accept the LLB at Stirling (although havn't made my mind up yet as I have an offer at another uni) and accept their BA in politics and History as my Insurance one.

TempName123

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:39 AM

Open day on the 8th march Anyone going?

ruairidh

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

Yeah i want to go to stirling. Defering this year for Film and Media and Journalism combined. Really like the whole campus thing - hope i get in - dont think i will cuz i need ABBB :S
Ruairidh.

kirsty1988

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

I'm going to the applicant day this sat march 18th. I'm going to have a good look at the acommodation and then wander round. The only thing i'm not too keen on is having my mum and dad trailing around with me. I feel really immature needing them to go about with me, but they are driving I suppose. I must look so young compared to the students already there haha tongue.gif

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic