• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HSN Book and Film Club

*Suz*

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:39 PM

I think i'm gonna have to skip this time. Exams are fast appraoching and i have so much other reading needing done. Hopefully i'll be able to join in with the next one smile.gif

*sofax*

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:14 PM

yeay!! I love to Kill a Mockingbird!! did it at standard grade it was ab fab!!!! looking forward to reading it again!! tongue.gif

Isla from Banff

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(YIC @ Feb 8 2006, 01:15 AM)
I think you have 3 weeks

I have done this book for my higher personal study, so hey I can comment without reading it! (unless you want me to read it unsure.gif )

View Post

I think that you should read it anyways to refresh it in your mind!!!

xx

Terrence

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

Weeyyyyy, I've well chosen what book we'll be reading for when it's my turn to pick.

NOT GOING TO TELL YOU ALL NOW BUT. It will be a surprise!!

I read TKAM in standard grade, it's pretty good. Will have another wee read of it if I can find a copy somewhere.

Isla from Banff

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:09 AM

Hey so what page is everyone on in the book then? Im on like on page 50 or something! Really far huh?

xx

Nathan

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(Isla from Banff @ Feb 10 2006, 11:09 AM)
Hey so what page is everyone on in the book then? Im on like on page 50 or something! Really far huh?

xx

View Post

what!?!

im at about page 30 sad.gif

linds

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:14 PM

Oh heck. I don't think I'm going to be able to do this. :X I go into hospital on Friday and I'm, like, dying at the moment. Woops.

I'll take part other weeks though.

The Wedge Effect

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Feb 13 2006, 04:14 PM)
Oh heck.  I don't think I'm going to be able to do this. :X  I go into hospital on Friday and I'm, like, dying at the moment.  Woops.

I'll take part other weeks though.

View Post

Awwwww. Hope ya get better soon. smile.gif

smb

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:48 PM

I was looking for the To Kill a Mockingbird book earlier - my sisters love reading and so we have too many bloody bookshelves.

I came across a few books my mum had when she was younger. I found a 30 year old leaf in one of them!! blink.gif On one back cover, my aunty helen wrote

"Baba, you're a goat.

Helen MacKenzie
31st July 1974"

laugh.gif

(Baba is my mother!)

*sofax*

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:13 PM

oooo I haven't even started!! yikes!!

John

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:37 AM

If i manage to swipe a copy out of the school library, i might read it lol

Isla from Banff

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Feb 13 2006, 04:48 PM)
I was looking for the To Kill a Mockingbird book earlier - my sisters love reading and so we have too many bloody bookshelves.

I came across a few books my mum had when she was younger. I found a 30 year old leaf in one of them!! blink.gif On one back cover, my aunty helen wrote

"Baba, you're a goat.

Helen MacKenzie
31st July 1974"

laugh.gif

(Baba is my mother!)

View Post

i got an ace xmas pressie it was a bible my dad got when he was about my age and my mum and dad thought i would like it it's dated xmas 1978!!!! it smells kinda funny but it's a really nice thought lol

xx

bred

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:45 PM

There are only two copies of the book "To Kill A Mockingbird" listed in the Edinburgh University catalogue: one in the main library and one in the Moray House library. The one in the main library was listed as missing so I went to the Moray House library where there was supposedly a copy available. Turns out it was missing there too! So no copies of the book in the University libraries, shocking I know. I have sent them a complaint.

Nathan

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:00 AM

where's everyone else in the book now? im at about page 100 biggrin.gif

i'm so proud of myself...i think it's the most i've read since i started standard grade!

Isla from Banff

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:46 PM

i'm on page 210!!! biggrin.gif it's such an ace book!!! how far is everyone else on the book? i just noticed my copy of the book was published in 1974!!! it's a copy i got from my english teacher because of all of the copies in the school library(3 apparently) has been stolen!!!!! who would steal a book?!

xx

ermd

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(Isla from Banff @ Feb 17 2006, 12:46 PM)
who would steal a book?!

View Post

Someone who likes reading and doesn't have a lot of cash? tongue.gif

John

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:00 PM

I would steal a book out of principle of not wanting to pay for it

dehny

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

finished it

Isla from Banff

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Feb 17 2006, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE(Isla from Banff @ Feb 17 2006, 12:46 PM)
who would steal a book?!

View Post

Someone who likes reading and doesn't have a lot of cash? tongue.gif

View Post

QUOTE(Sodium_Ho @ Feb 17 2006, 06:00 PM)
I would steal a book out of principle of not wanting to pay for it

View Post

ok then calm down!!!! it's just really sad people who steal books it's like y steal a book when you could steal an ipod!!!!!

Nathan

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(dehny @ Feb 18 2006, 07:00 PM)
finished it

View Post

im almost there...got bour 20 pages to go biggrin.gif

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic