• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How's everyones prelims going?

burno483

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:13 PM

Hey there. I just got my results today. Quite gutted. I got a strong B in paper 1 and only 50% in paper 2 which meant i got a C overall! pretty rubbish. I really need a B to get into Uni.

More work required!

Pammy

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

Thought I had done really bad on mine but ended up with 75%.
Got 80% on paper 1 and 75% on paper 2 so was pretty chuffed !!!
Maths is my best subject tho, so was pleased tht I had done quite well !!
*~* Pam xxx *~*

Gill

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

i was pretty impressed with how i did, i got something like 99 out of 130, so i got an A overall, even though my friend the genius she is only got 5 marks off the whole thing, how she did that i have no idea!
well done to everyone else too, I'm just hoping i do as well in the actual exam now!

loved-up-loon

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:15 PM

got mine back a few days ago, got an A!! Couldn't believe it!! total miracle! tongue.gif

Joel

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:35 PM

Found out my results today, I also got an A. smile.gif

SoDraconian

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Feb 16 2006, 09:47 PM)
ohmy.gif i guess all the cool people got 64% cool.gif

View Post

Haha, so true! But I really hate how it's 64 -- bad number. I'll get that freaky 64 Zoo Lane theme tune stuck in my head... ph34r.gif

ice_illusion

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:34 PM

I've got 49/? and 41/? so far which isn't much use since I don't know how many marks there are total. I'm sure there isn't more than 150 so it should hopefully be a pass. It'll be somewhere between 100-150 I'm guessing.
But I do have another possible 10 marks on a vectors question that was messed up. So I spent ages trying to do that question in the exam for nothing. >.< Oh well, at least vectors are normally reasonably possible. Although it must be an hard one for 10 marks. Thats on Thursday.

Isla from Banff

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:00 PM

I got a B but i was told that i should've gotten an A if i had better results in the unit 1 further questions because ours gets added so it sucks lol!!

xx

jackie88m

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

i failed, lol got 42% lol

Hev

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:47 PM

i got an upper B in mines well just 65% biggrin.gif i was exceptionally pleased because i failed the Unit 1 NAB twice and got told by the head of department that i would definatly fail and there 'really is no hope for you' haha! biggrin.gif

frazboy

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

I got a D which is pretty much a fail. Thats why im on here for help.

Isla from Banff

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:19 AM

i got a cool 69% in the prelim so i was just like 2% away from an A so i'm really really wanting an A in the final just to prove i'm not thick lol!!!

xx

SncZ

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:49 AM

i got 82% which is alright .. seemed a bit long tho i can normally do a past paper in 30 mins..thats it checked and everything but the prelim never seemed to end ! sad.gif

whats the percentage you need to obtain in the final exam to get an A band 1 ?

ad absurdum

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(SncZ @ Apr 1 2006, 12:49 PM) View Post

i got 82% which is alright .. seemed a bit long tho i can normally do a past paper in 30 mins..thats it checked and everything but the prelim never seemed to end ! sad.gif

whats the percentage you need to obtain in the final exam to get an A band 1 ?
It depends on how everyone else done I think. When I was doing my prelims I was told that roughly 70% was needed for an A and roughly 90% was needed for A band 1. I found the prelims I sat in maths (and chemistry too incidentally) seemed really long, I struggled to finish my maths one in time. I am a really slow worker though.

Anyway, my class just sat another prelim (but it didn't include any material we covered since we sat the last one) because most of my class failed the last one. I just done it anyway, I thought it would be good practice. It was quite difficult though, although I think that I will have near enough full marks. Should find out my actual percentage on tuesday.

Edit - 97% smile.gif

Edit again - They gave me another mark, so its 98% now tongue.gif

Edited by ad absurdum, 21 April 2006 - 05:00 PM.

x_Claire_x

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:47 PM

i failed mine, overall i got 34%.
in my school we have two higher maths class and my maths class is slightly struggling as only one person passed the prelim!

frazboy

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:40 PM

My school is pretty bad as well.

The average mark for one class was 19% somebody got 3%!

ad absurdum

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(frazboy @ Apr 3 2006, 05:40 PM) View Post

My school is pretty bad as well.

The average mark for one class was 19% somebody got 3%!
Heh, someone in my school got one mark between the two papers (for getting the formula for the gradient right). He gave up after the first question btw, he didn't actually try to answer the whole paper. It worked out at less than 1% laugh.gif

Vyka

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(8139222014 @ Feb 6 2006, 11:03 PM) View Post

oh well sat both and...34/60 + 15/70. Overall a fail, I thought doing Int 2 last year would have prepared me for higher, but only 4 people in the class sat int 2 last year, plus 2 fifth years in our class, and ofcourse its the people who sat higher last year were the ones passing the prelim

I did Int 2 in 5th year and was told because i had done units 1,2 and 4 (applications) intead of 1, 2 and 3 (algebra) that i had no chance of passing my final, got 39% in my prelim and a C in my final, just shows you if you work then it is acheivable.

celticfcz

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:52 PM

In my prelim in Feb i got 37% but this past month i have started working really hard and in the mini prelim we just sat, mostly unit 3 but a few questions on other units, i got 71%.

There is still hope for me to get a B. Just need to keep working hard!

Good Luck to everyone!

Pammy

Posted 28 April 2006 - 08:53 PM

I had a mini-prelim today, mostly unit 3 questions, and it was awful. I'm really annoyed because I think I might have got a C, which will drag down my overall prelim grade to somewhere around a B mad.gif

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic