Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Paper 1 2004, Question 7 - HSN forum

Paper 1 2004, Question 7

7 replies to this topic

#1 jambo david

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:34 PM

Sorry i can't put the question up but i don't know how to get the signs. Anyway can anyone tell me why when this is integrated, is the top line divided by the power+1(i get it so far) but then multiplied by 4?

I'm sure it's something simple but i just don't understand where the 4 came from ohmy.gif

#2 aldo

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:35 AM

This particular integration is dealt with in Unit 3 of the course, Further Differentiation and Integration, so you may not have covered it yet!

I have attached a document which shows you the relevant way to start the problem, and I should just note that you wouldn't be given this formula in your exam.

If you require a bit more help in getting to the answer, as it is quite tricky, just put up another post!

Good luck!!

Attached Files

#3 jambo david

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(aldo @ Jan 15 2006, 12:35 PM)
This particular integration is dealt with in Unit 3 of the course, Further Differentiation and Integration, so you may not have covered it yet!

I have attached a document which shows you the relevant way to start the problem, and I should just note that you wouldn't be given this formula in your exam.

If you require a bit more help in getting to the answer, as it is quite tricky, just put up another post!

Good luck!!

View Post

Cheers very much, i was very confused, turns out i haven't done it yet so it won't be in my prelim tomorrow. I think i should be ok now

#4 Adam

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE(aldo @ Jan 15 2006, 12:35 PM) View Post

Good luck!!

Can you please explain how you got the answer? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Cheers

#5 Adam

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:01 PM

Also, can somebody explain how to do Q8(a) please? smile.gif

#6 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip