• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2006 Uni Entry

dehny

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:39 PM

whose got their offers back yet and what did u gt

loz

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:22 PM

I had my application sent away on Nov 15th and i've had 2 unconditionals back so far to study maths at glasgow and strathclyde. Funnily enough these are the 2 uni's i am between to go to. what are people's opinions on each university? which one is better for maths?
has anyone else received replies yet?

bred

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:26 PM

The Times and the Guardian both say Glasgow is better for Maths.

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/gooduniver...005/20maths.pdf

http://education.guardian.co.uk/university...index=2&index=2

broughy

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:34 AM

i've got a friend who got unconditionals from both glasgow & strathy. she chose strathy, is now in 3rd year, & likes it - well, as much as any of us actually like uni!

& i'm sure there's a member on here (Paul?) who started maths at glasgow last year, & moved to strathclyde this year cos he didn't like glasgow much!

smb

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

When are offers meant to come back? Does it totally depend on what courses you apply for?

lipu

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

Offers are not technically supposed to come back until Mid January 2006, but some universities will give some offers out prior to that date.

loz

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:08 PM

Thought i'd update y'all on my uni application. i have received to further unconditionals for st andrews and edinburgh to study maths. how is everyone's elses applications going?

lipu

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:59 AM

I just hate this sittaing around and witing - just waiting for my tracking info to come through (any day now) and then hopefully the offers will come flooding in

djh1878

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:47 PM

2 unconditionals from Glasgow for Economics/French and French/Politics. smile.gif

skint_student

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

When picking a university please make your decision based on where you like and feel comfortable and welcome. You're going to spend a lot of time there so don't make the decision only based on where is "the best" place to go according to some league table. Apply for a few different universities talk to the staff about the course, what stuff you'll cover, flexibility, work placement opportunities etc and then it'll be easy to decide where to go

dehny

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(skint_student @ Dec 21 2005, 08:42 PM)
When picking a university please make your decision based on where you like and feel comfortable and welcome. You're going to spend a lot of time there so don't make the decision only based on where is "the best" place to go according to some league table. 

View Post

by this i assume you mean the student bar?

broughy

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:13 PM

the social aspect of it is part of it. don't go somewhere if you really don't think you'd feel comfortable - personally, glasgow uni gave me the creeps, all the big old buildings!

skint_student

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:56 AM

lol yeah the Glasgow uni lecturers gave me the creeps!
and obviously its important to check out the union cool.gif

djh1878

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:11 PM

Just been sent loads of stuff from Glasgow Uni, including Accomodation Booking letters, Applicant Visit days and the like. Woah, they press the hard sell!!! blink.gif rolleyes.gif

lipu

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Dec 21 2005, 03:47 PM)
2 unconditionals from Glasgow for Economics/French and French/Politics.  smile.gif

View Post

I've got a Conditional offer at Glasgow (Higher A or Higher BB) for History/Politics

YIC

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:48 PM

I got an unconditional for farmacy at starthclyde and Robert Gordons (my backups) biggrin.gif

I got a rejection from newcastle (dentistry) after interview f*ck those bastards!

YIC

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Dec 4 2005, 12:34 AM)
i've got a friend who got unconditionals from both glasgow & strathy. she chose strathy, is now in 3rd year, & likes it - well, as much as any of us actually like uni!

& i'm sure there's a member on here (Paul?) who started maths at glasgow last year, & moved to strathclyde this year cos he didn't like glasgow much!

View Post

oooh this is turning into an old strathy vs glasgow match.

Glasgow wins cos it is named after the city shifty.gif

Kevin_Kilbane

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(skint_student @ Dec 22 2005, 12:56 AM)
lol yeah the Glasgow uni lecturers gave me the creeps!
and obviously its important to check out the union  cool.gif

View Post

At least our unions don't look like the Lazer Quest!

Lesley

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:53 PM

Glasgow uni is fantastic.

broughy

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE(YIC @ Dec 22 2005, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE(broughy @ Dec 4 2005, 12:34 AM)

View Post

oooh this is turning into an old strathy vs glasgow match.

Glasgow wins cos it is named after the city shifty.gif

View Post

no, i was just saying that that was the case! i never said anything about which was better!

• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic