• (3 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

How Did the Paper Go? How do you all think u did in the paper?

Anavris_Mike

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:11 PM

How does everyone think that they done in the finals?

Any mistakes noticed? The big one was the quesiton 12 of the Hypermedia section, where the arrows were missed out to show which component was what, meaning it was basically impossible to answer a few of the questions.

Anyone have any problems with the paper?

Ally

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:13 PM

Was that a mistake?

I totally got confused on that!

Scott

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Anavris_Mike @ May 27 2004, 04:11 PM)

Any mistakes noticed? The big one was the quesiton 12 of the Hypermedia section, where the arrows were missed out to show which component was what, meaning it was basically impossible to answer a few of the questions.

Noticed that error but interpreted it in my own way. At best I've got 68/70 (I already have 100% in the course stuff so really it is 98/100) and at worst 60/70.

Found most of it to be quite easy so it should be an A smile.gif

Ally

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:15 PM

Generally, I thought that paper was very fair, with the exception of that quesion where I wrote something random.

catm82

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:16 PM

if there is a mistake on the paper does that mean that the marks will be affected? ie, does it mean that you wont be marked down if you attempted the question and got it wrong? maybe its just wishfull thinking on my part!

I thought the rest of it was alright though smile.gif

Ally

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:17 PM

Did your inviliglator tell you there was a mistake?

Also, is it official that there was a mistake?

Because if it is, then the SQA will diffinately be hearing it from me!!! mad.gif

Allan

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:18 PM

The big one was the quesiton 12 of the Hypermedia section, where the arrows were missed out to show which component was what, meaning it was basically impossible to answer a few of the questions.

Can you explain that? I never noticed that was a mistake I just guessed!

I thought this paper was OK - I wasn't entirely sure of the Primary Key for the Class Entity in Q1 - anyone clarify it for me?

Q2 - pretty standard question
Q3 - this was quite tough i thought
Q4 - again another info org standard type question - though i found (a) a bit tricky

Then I did hypermedia:

Q11 - this was a bit unusual I thought, what exactly is hypermedia? then in part © I couldn't really distinguish between collaboration and communication
Q12 - this was hard
Q13 - not bad - what advanced features did you put for ©?

catm82

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:21 PM

since i left early, i don't have a copy of the question paper sad.gif
what were qs 3, 4, and 13 again?
I didn't know how to expkain what hypermedia was, so I just had t o wing it and made something up...

Ally

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:29 PM

The advantages/disadvantages question came up in my prelim!!!!! biggrin.gif

Ally

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Allan @ May 27 2004, 03:18 PM)

I thought this paper was OK - I wasn't entirely sure of the Primary Key for the Class Entity in Q1 - anyone clarify it for me?

Yeah same here!

I wrote down Course Number, Class ID and Instructor ID which is probably wrong!!!

Anavris_Mike

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Scott @ May 27 2004, 03:13 PM)

Noticed that error but interpreted it in my own way. At best I've got 68/70 (I already have 100% in the course stuff so really it is 98/100) and at worst 60/70.

Found most of it to be quite easy so it should be an A smile.gif

i wasnt told by the invidulators (they dont know nowt bout the exams themselves lol)

My teachers a marker for the SQA and told us all that there should have been arrows in that question linking the things on Layer A to the things in Layer B, so we knew what to do. I guessed that one but never had a clue then thought i was just dumb and never remembered sumthin lol, but then she told us, so im guessing that it would be correct that it was a mistake.

If it is indeed a mistake (which im sure it is) then I think what happens is that candidates are given the marks for the questions effected, but can anyone clarify this?

I'll go get my copy of the paper and i'll see what I had problems with.

Scott

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (ally @ May 27 2004, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (Allan @ May 27 2004, 03:18 PM)

Yeah same here!

I wrote down Course Number, Class ID and Instructor ID which is probably wrong!!!

Yeah that is correct, my teacher went over the paper with it after the exam and he said they were definately correct smile.gif

We also pointed out the mistake and he agreed that it was a genuine mistake by the SQA.

catm82

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:54 PM

does anyone know what it means if there was a mistake?
how many marks were there for that question?

Anavris_Mike

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:56 PM

Q1 - how did peoples ER diagrams and primary/foreign keys turn out?

Q2 - my mind blanked on Q2 but think i done it ok.

Q3 - thought this was straight forward, a few niggly bits

Q4 - wasnt too sure about the social implications so wrote a big answer and hoped for the best tongue.gif also wasnt TOO sure about the comm requirements but think that was kool.

Hypermedia:

Q11 - Totally forgot the defenition, which i had been looking at just before the exam ("") found © a bit of a bugger to answer cause they both link with each other imho.

Q12 - the dodgy one which im sure has a mistake. apart from that bit then the rest of that was fine, cept i never knew what to put for (e)? anyone shed some light on that? lol

Q13 - sailed it, my favourite kind of question lol. only bit was advanced feature but think i got it alright. (1 would be boolean search syntax no? AND, OR, etc?)

Anavris_Mike

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (catm82 @ May 27 2004, 03:54 PM)
does anyone know what it means if there was a mistake?
how many marks were there for that question?

i think that we would get the marks for sections (b) and ©, anyone agree/disagree? (b is 3 marks, c is 2 marks).

Allan

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:07 PM

i dunno how they'll work the marks there coz that's in the optional section

if they give us all 5 marks thats unfair to the people doing the other section, if they take it out, that's unfair too

Ally

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:10 PM

Hmm...not sure about that.

That question is now a real cockup for the SQA.

The other candidates doing the other units will be disadvantaged if they give us all the marks.

If they remove the questions, they would have to remove another question in the other optional units which would be unfair.

From any angle you look at it, it seems that they can't solve this problem without being unfair!!!

Ally

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:13 PM

Woops!

Just repeated what Allan said.

Anavris_Mike

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:15 PM

its not really unfair to the people who are doing CAS or ES, because the mistake never came up in their section, so it doesnt effect them? It effected everyone in Hypermedia however, so compensation would need to be given to the people doing the Hypermedia section else the candidates (and schools) would be in an uproar. It's not exactly an optional section, the choice is based on the course that you've been taught throughout the year.

EDIT: I can see where the arguement is coming from, and it'll give SQA big problems to sort out. I doubt they would remove questions from the other sections because then how could they choose which questions to take out etc? that would be very unfair to them as it might take away crucial marks for them. On the other hand, handing us marks will probably piss them off, but then what can the sqa do about it? It's outwith the candidates control now, we need to wait and see what the SQA decide to do with cockup #102343743723...

catm82

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:24 PM

well... maybe they'll wait and see how everyone did on the question? I had a go, and probably got it wrong, but a girl in my class missed it out and some people on here say that they done it and think they done it right... Automatically awarding the 5 marks would be very very good though... I am praying that is what they decide to do as checking the answers when I came out of the exam, it looks like for that section I got about 2/10!!!

• (3 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked