Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Football Thread - HSN forum - Page 2

The Football Thread

1093 replies to this topic

#21 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

Milan woudlnt let him go, the whole team is based around him and YIC....when was the last time Liverpool actually played well in the league?

#22 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

Suppose so, but apparently he fell out with the coach and Paolo Maldini (AC Milan Legend).

#23 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:08 PM

Thing is theyve already bought Gilardino for around 17million so if they sell shevchenko, what other top striker could they replace him with? There arent many world class strikers around this time of the year who would leave

#24 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jul 28 2005, 05:45 PM)
Milan woudlnt let him go, the whole team is based around him and YIC....when was the last time Liverpool actually played well in the league?

View Post

So how many league titles have Man U won compared to Liverpool? When was the last time Man U won the Champions League compared to Liverpool? How many Champions League's have Man U won compared to Liverpool?

Dumbass

#25 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:26 PM

Thats all history pal, dont dwell on the past, its over. biggrin.gif
But thats what i actually like about Liverpool, theyve got a brilliant tradition, like man united.
You have to admit though, Liverpool were lucky, yeah they won their games fair and square but theyre hardly a great team. Look at Porto now or even greece. Theyre nothing after their wins. The 1999 United team was something special which unfortunantly I doubt they'll ever recreate(though I think the current man u team has more talent than that 1999 team in terms of individual talent) Its just they dont play together as well as a team.
How many league/.champinos leagues have liverpool won etc???
Yeah your right, I'll admit Liverpool is a bigger club than united. Theyve won more and had more success but at the end of the day your only as good as your last game.
(yes I realise in Liverpools last game they beat Milan)

#26 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:28 PM

well, let's just see how the season goes.

#27 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jul 27 2005, 09:40 PM)
Celtic suck

View Post

Give that man a prize! thumbsup.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

I've known this for a long time (Rangers suck as well). FTOF and support the real Glasgow alternative....the famous Clyde FC! smile.gif

What? laugh.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#28 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Jul 28 2005, 01:19 AM)
QUOTE(YIC @ Jul 28 2005, 12:13 AM)
You like the Big Cheat Ruud V N?

View Post

ohmy.gif -shocked-

He stays on his feet far more often than most other foreign players. And scores those goals. And looks like a horse. There is no one better tongue.gif.

View Post

Absolute crap! laugh.gif

When Man U played us, he must have been shot 20 times then...no better than a cheat! (And I like Man U btw before someone accuses me of bias) wink.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#29 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:05 PM

A Song for Glazer

A man from the States started watching some soccer,
He already had an NFL team in his locker,
So he looked at the standings to see who was best,
But the Chelseas weren't cheap, so he he looked at the rest.
Manchester were a team that he'd seen on a vid,
So he combed his red beard and he put in a bid.

(Chorus)
Glazer! Glazer!
He's our savior! Savior!
So let's pull our pants right up to our chest,
The Glaz-meister's going to make Manchester best.

The Manchester fans were seething with rage,
But Glazer relaxed like an intelligent sage,
He looked at their comments and started to yawn,
As idiots said he looked like a leprechaun,
They threatened him with violence and one mentioned cyanide,
But Malc stayed in Tampa and decided to try an' hide.

(Chorus)
Glazer! Glazer!
He's our savior! Savior!

So if you want a franchise that will win some Bowls,
If you want for lunch some delightful prawn rolls,
If you want a franchise whose stadium roars,
If you want a side who will kick lots of scores,
If you want a Megastore bigger than Sears,
The team to support's the Manchester Buccaneers.

(Chorus)
Glazer! Glazer!
He's our savior! Savior!

(just for mr gerrard)

#30 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 07:05 PM

I'll tell you one thing, its a sad day when a fat,ginger,small,bearded yank destroys the biggest asset of British sport, a very very sad day. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

#31 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 07:42 PM

But you are a Liverpool fan at heart right? I mean, there are so many Man U players you could have taken for your user name, but you chose Liverpool's finest. This means you are a Liverpool fan. I remember you saying something like 'Bloody Heck Milan couldn't even beat US'

#32 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:21 PM

well the team I really support is the Glasgow Rangers.

#33 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:14 PM

yet another twist in this extraordinary tale...

#34 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:39 PM

extraordinary it is.

With Robinho and Baptista going to Madrid it looks like Owens leaving but Im surprised only Arsenal and Man U are interested considering that Chelsea are looking for a world class striker.

#35 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:57 PM

Celtic now up 3-0 against Bratislava. smile.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#36 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

Celtic win 4-0 on the night (but lose 5-4 on aggregate) with an outstanding performance in comparison to their first leg. Pretty amazing!
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#37 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

So close, yet so far.

Such an improvement though biggrin.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#38 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:00 PM

Amazing performance?! Your having a laugh.

Arty Brataslava are piss, and Celtic - a "football giant" - still can't beat them.

Champions League, YOUR HAVING A LAUGH.

#39 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Aug 2 2005, 10:00 PM)
Amazing performance?! Your having a laugh.

Arty Brataslava are piss, and Celtic - a "football giant" - still can't beat them. 

Champions League, YOUR HAVING A LAUGH.

View Post

laugh.gif

user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#40 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:06 PM

Nobody actually called it an "amazing performance". Anyway, Celtic wouldn't expect any praise from a Motherwell fan.
Bratislava had only one or two chances the whole match. They're diving b****rds too.

Edited by bred, 02 August 2005 - 09:18 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users