• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sunburn

dondon

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:26 PM

i have to say that i am really jealous of these people that go outside in the sun for a couple of hours and get an amazing tan coz it takes me weeks sad.gif

Steven_Gerrard

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

*resists temptation not to point and laugh* laugh.gif

dondon

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:33 PM

well i find that highly offensive!!! sad.gif smile.gif
its not fair though i literally have to lie very still for several hours for about 3 or 4 days in a row to actuallyget a tan at all sad.gif but it doesnt matter coz im goin to france tomoro and i should get a tan reasonable quickly there biggrin.gif

Lesley

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

It was bloody roasting today! Hardly any breeze as well sometimes. boo. I think i got a bit of colour today, not red though biggrin.gif

As for sunburn, fresh yogurt is good to relieve it if you don't have after sun/aloe vera at hand.

dondon

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

i dont really know which feeling is worse all hot and sore or all covered in yoghurt and sticky lol

Lesley

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:38 PM

but its cool and calming. sunburn is the worst, especially when it's on your back.

dondon

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:41 PM

although i love it when you can peel the skin off the burnt bit but i suppose having it on your back makes that a bit difficult. and when u have it on your back you can lean against anything or its incredibly sore

Lesley

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:42 PM

sleeping is a slight problem. i found that out on my first ever holiday abroad.

Oh hte benefits of sun lotion.

Allana

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Jun 26 2005, 09:34 PM)
It was bloody roasting today! Hardly any breeze as well sometimes. boo. I think i got a bit of colour today, not red though biggrin.gif

As for sunburn, fresh yogurt is good to relieve it if you don't have after sun/aloe vera at hand.

View Post

I know it was so hot! I was at the botanic gardens all day - great fun.
I've heard the yogurt thing works, but i tried putting sliced tomatoes on ma back because it really absorbs all the heat.

dondon

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:52 PM

does it ??
and you also get cooked tomatoes at the end of it for you warm salad very economical lol smile.gif

AppleCore

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:54 PM

Natural tan for me lol!

dondon

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:55 PM

that reminds me even fake tan doent work properly on me i need loads of layers to take the milk bottle whiteness away smile.gif

AppleCore

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(dondon @ Jun 26 2005, 10:55 PM)
that reminds me even fake tan doent work properly on me i need loads of layers to take the milk bottle whiteness away smile.gif

View Post

ok! it sounds like uve got paper white skin??

dondon

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

well right now only my leg but thats my fault coz i keep wearing jeand but during the winter yup i do

Allana

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

Well its not always a bad thing to be fair skinned.
One of my teachers once said
"Back in the old days, it was lady-like to be 'pale and pretty'...the 'rough and scruff' normally strived to get tans"
I always thought that was a bit rude to say such, but ah well there you go.

In general i think tans are quite nice, although people who are sunbed abusers ought to do some serious thinking. A nice golden glow looks sexier than a full on tango-style biggrin.gif

AppleCore

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

Unlucky sad.gif Lots of sun tan lotion and the beach.. thats what u need!

dondon

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 26 2005, 10:01 PM)
Well its not always a bad thing to be fair skinned.
One of my teachers once said
"Back in the old days, it was lady-like to be 'pale and pretty'...the 'rough and scruff' normally strived to get tans"
I always thought that was a bit rude to say such, but ah well there you go.

In general i think tans are quite nice, although people who are sunbed abusers ought to do some serious thinking. A nice golden glow looks sexier than a full on tango-style biggrin.gif

View Post

definetly coz u see they people who have been going on sunbeds for most of their lives and they r all brown and wrinkled and kinda saggy looking its disgusting

dondon

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Jun 26 2005, 10:01 PM)
Unlucky sad.gif Lots of sun tan lotion and the beach.. thats what u need!

View Post

its actually kinda my fault coz i think ill look stupid all white so ill wer my jeans instead of shorts so then i dont get a tan , its a vicious circle lol smile.gif

AppleCore

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

The attack of the ORANGE people!.. its like a new color!.. i think its funny lol!

dondon

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:08 PM

^i'm sure that soon the will be a new racial minority and will have a whole new set of human rights just for them smile.gif

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic