• (3 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uni What Uni do y'all wanna go to and y?

Array

Paul

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:30 PM

Hey, I wanna know what the most popular University is and Why?

Why do you all wanna go to the university you voted for?

Shandogg

Discogirl17

Posted 23 May 2004 - 11:57 PM

Strathclyde- It is in Glasgow, any further than Glasgow and the travelling times to get there would be to long and I'd have to leave home. Even to go to Strathcylde I'm having to move in with my gran in Hamilton! Why then don't I qualify for the Uni accomodation don't you say, because apparantly if you go from my house through villages and then through East Kilbride and then to Glasgow then my house is within the 25 miles which are not eligable for uni accomodation by 0.01 miles. Its annoying beacuse although my house is over 25 miles away from all the uni's in Glasgow it is less than 25 miles from the outskirts of Glasgow! The buses dont even go that way! They go the other way through Hamilton! Anyway enough ranting on! Yeh plus Strathclyde has a good reputation and well proven teaching in the areas I am considering studying as well as flexible multi-course first years which (as I havent decided what to do with my life) will be quite useful!

$implĄ_®i˘h

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:25 AM

I have to go 2 Glasgow Uni, cuz its the only uni in Scotland that does the Aeronautical Course ohmy.gif , which is handy as its only 15 mins away from me. biggrin.gif

cool.gif

Steve

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:57 AM

I've got my place at the Uni of Edinburgh biggrin.gif. Definitely my first choice.

It's one of oldest Universities in the world and all sort of famous people (and my Maths techer) have graduated from there. I feel it's the best Uni in the Edinburgh area and a great place to say you've been to.

Also, it's quite close to home (where I'll be staying - a lot cheaper smile.gif) and the courses are really flexible - so you can do lots of different things.

I can't wait! biggrin.gif

james1

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:20 AM

Im going to Edinburgh too!

little_minx

Posted 24 May 2004 - 12:06 PM

Hey!

I really wanted to go to Edinburgh (considering that's where I live) but it doesn't offer my course. I want to do Pharmacy although there's only two Uni's in Scotland that offer it. My first choice is Robert Gordon Uni in Aberdeen. The only other scottish Uni that offers my course is Strathclyde so that's my back-up. Either way, I'll have to leave home (uh oh). If I don't get either I'm seriously gonna have to rethink my future!

Laura xxx

laugh.gif

ayemckay

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:39 PM

hey, i still haven't decided where i'm going to go, but i live in Aberdeen and want to move away!
i think i'm deciding between RSAMD, strathclyde, and glasgow, depending on what course i want to do!
however, it all kinda depends on if i get in.......
ah well, gotta get thru the exams first!
jennifer
xxx

james1

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (little_minx @ May 24 2004, 12:06 PM)
Hey!

I really wanted to go to Edinburgh (considering that's where I live) but it doesn't offer my course. I want to do Pharmacy although there's only two Uni's in Scotland that offer it. My first choice is Robert Gordon Uni in Aberdeen. The only other scottish Uni that offers my course is Strathclyde so that's my back-up. Either way, I'll have to leave home (uh oh). If I don't get either I'm seriously gonna have to rethink my future!

Laura xxx

laugh.gif

I always thought Pharmacy would be cool.

little_minx

Posted 25 May 2004 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (james1 @ May 24 2004, 06:48 PM)

I always thought Pharmacy would be cool.
Well I certainly think so. The career as written on paper sounds really interesting.

Laura xxx

Dave

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:49 PM

i be going to strathclyde because its the only one that does my course (Msci Computer Science) but i would have liked to see if i could get into Edin or St Andrews just because they are harder to get into

Scott

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:27 AM

I would like to go to UMIST (University of Manchester Institute of Technology...or something like that) to study Software Engineering and Computing Science. If I can't get in there then I'll probably go to Edinburgh or Glasgow for the same course.

kirsty_x

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:24 PM

Hey

I love Glasogw Uni its campus is amazing

I am going to look athe the theatre and films studies course but I really would live to do drama at RSAMD...really hard for entry though wink.gif

I woulnt mind Edinburgh either I could study drama at Queen Margret..also very hard for entry sad.gif

Laura

Posted 26 May 2004 - 05:27 PM

I really want to go to Newcastle Uni - I went to an open day there and really loved it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Looks like i'll have to live away from home then....

sazzlemcbazzle

Posted 26 May 2004 - 05:30 PM

Im going to Napier - Edinburgh to study Music, can't wait to go there as I really like the city lots! Theres so much to offer and chooose from!

Discogirl17

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (kirsty_x @ May 26 2004, 12:24 PM)
Hey

I love Glasogw Uni its campus is amazing

I am going to look athe the theatre and films studies course but I really would live to do drama at RSAMD...really hard for entry though wink.gif

I woulnt mind Edinburgh either I could study drama at Queen Margret..also very hard for entry sad.gif

I know what you mean about RSAMD. I wanted to be actress but after finding out how hard it would be to get into best place in Scotland for performing arts I gave up. Theres no way I'd get chosen. Even with good academics they have to do auditions for talent and you have to show great promise. I just dont feel that I'm an experienced enough actress or that I'm talented enough.

Silver

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:44 PM

I'm doing the Architecture course at Glasgow School of Art... it's a Glasgow Uni course though I believe... I don't actually HAVE a backup at the moment... I don't want to do anything else, hehe... I guess Strathclyde would be my backup.

kirsty_x

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:04 PM

Even with good academics they have to do auditions for talent and you have to show great promise. I just dont feel that I'm an experienced enough actress or that I'm talented enough.

Hey...

I think what your saying is true but you can get experince I'm not giving up just because its selective when I apply I doubt I'll get in but I'll carry on applying. I'm trying o get as much experience as poss I'm a member of the local drama group, take part in all the school shows, am a member of Scottish Youth Theatre and am doing a course with them aswell as my classes in the summer.

Really I dont think you should give up...you never know you might be talented enough and if you dont try you'll always wonder what might have been.

I dunno if thats relevant to you but thats kind of how I look at it.

Good luck in whatever you decide to pursue!!!

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:36 PM

I'm going to Caledonian because no one else wants me sad.gif, well that's not right, I was accepted into Strathclyde on Conditional, but they demanded 2 A's and an Adv H A, as well as not taking my Admin into consideration. AFAIK Heriot Watt and Strathclyde that "won't include it in conditional offers". A senior admin teacher or something actually wrote to Jack McConnell about it, in order to confirm that admin students weren't discriminated against. The official party line is that they "are accepted by the university", however they "wont be included in conditionals."

Going to Caledonian to do either LLB Law or Business Law

Discogirl17

Posted 02 June 2004 - 11:26 PM

No I gave up acting cos I thought it was the time, I'm much more academical now and into laws and science and stuff but if all fails I'll be back to acting as a guy u might know kirsty is like my best mate and he's in syt and he says I'm quite good.

onlycowdenfanhere

Posted 03 June 2004 - 07:16 PM

I hope to go to Glasgow/Strathclyde to do a joint Law and Politics Hounours degree. Awesome fun! I'm gonna be PM one day biggrin.gif

• (3 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic