• (3 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EXAM 2005

TheMesiter

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(nina @ May 31 2005, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE(TheMesiter @ May 31 2005, 12:29 AM)
QUOTE(nina @ May 30 2005, 11:25 PM)
actually paper one went well thankfully..i was surprised myself. 

But paper 2 was a bit confusing too long winded and too much info.  I accidently missed out a 2 marker...u know of the 10 marks

and seemed to have chose the "wrong" decision for the DME excercise.  I mean everyone else chose to reject it, whereas i was for it.  I'm really scared about this as i felt that there were more arguements against than i had for it.  I did use a series of BK's but im still not too confident about this paper.

ps.any advice or noters would b extremely useful, please.

I am REALLY REALLY worried

View Post

There is no right answer to the DME- the whole point is to back up an argument, and as u say if u have enough BK which u did and source evidence which is thouguh and about 8 or 9 good points, u shud get full marks
forget bout the exam- dont indulge in morbid post moterms- too late now
watch big brother- its a house full of nutters- more exciting that foundaitons hospitals

View Post

i know, but i feel the "arguements against" were more stronger than my arguements for....:S

still REALLY worried....

View Post

OK if ure that worried then im not sure wot 2 do, sorry

lipu

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:34 AM

Nina,

ALl you can do is forget about your worries and the Modern Studies exam until you have the envelope in your hand containing your Certificate!

nina

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:14 PM

*sigh* uz are right..

vikki1987

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:19 PM

[quote=Ruthie P,May 30 2005, 10:44 PM]
ok then...
i did...A4 - electoral system
B6b) - health care - wealth influencing health
C7 - south africa
DME paperII - which was OK....glad foundation hospitals were in the DME instead of Paper1 - at least this way you only had to know small bits of BK as oppsosed to 10 marks worth of essay!!!!
hopefully i've done ok.
media Q - i only wrote about media
and yeh C7b) was a gift: yes SA is a one-party state BUT it is run by the ANC: 3 parties in one!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ruthie I did exactly the same questions and thought the FPTP question was a gift! As was c7b) SA. Good luck

TheMesiter

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

how did every1 find the DME income and wealth paper
what was ur choice, and why? what was ur conclusion

mt94

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(nina @ Jun 1 2005, 12:14 PM)
*sigh* uz are right..

View Post

When we started learning how to do the DMEs we made to copy down "REPORT: An exercise in synthesis - selecting sources which come together to support a particular argument."

It doesn't matter which option you went for - if you wrote a good report you should be okay. By that I mean, as long as you used all the sources, wrote coherently and provided BK you shouldn't have done too badly I don't think.

• (3 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic