• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Revising With Past Papers

Rawr

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

So there's one day left to revise and there's still an awful lot of notes I keep forgetting which is worrying me. sad.gif People have told me that tomorrow I should spend the day just simply going over and over past papers as most of the questions in them will be similar to those in the 05 exam. Would this be a good idea? Computing is the subject I'm worst at. I'm aiming for a C.

Oh and does anyone know the pass marks for previous years?

Thanks.

werlop

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:13 PM

For pass marks see http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/sqa_nu_display.j...e=Content.show&

Definitely do past papers, last year I did computing as an extra higher, so I didn't have a teacher or anything, my main revision was from past papers.

Rawr

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

Thank you very much biggrin.gif

sparky

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:21 PM

At Higher there is a fair spread of things they can ask, by covering the past papers you'll be able to see what these are and be prepared for them. If you feel confident enough, going over past papers alone tommorow, will be fine.

Chünz

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(Rawr @ May 28 2005, 08:10 PM)
So there's one day left to revise and there's still an awful lot of notes I keep forgetting which is worrying me. sad.gif People have told me that tomorrow I should spend the day just simply going over and over past papers as most of the questions in them will be similar to those in the 05 exam. Would this be a good idea? Computing is the subject I'm worst at. I'm aiming for a C.

Oh and does anyone know the pass marks for previous years?

Thanks.

View Post

I'm in the same boat... load of info but I can't just find enough room in that brain of mine to cram it all in.

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

Would using Past papers work?

The thing is, I tried that with my prelim, Except I didn't have alot of time left so I memorised the questions and answers in case I got a similar question, except it didn't work as there were alot of questions that weren't in past papers.

Also, it might not work very well because it's a new course.

SomethingTypical

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

Is it the new course that you're studying?

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:38 PM

Yes, I'm studying the new Higher Computing

John

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(8139222013 @ May 28 2005, 09:15 PM)
Would using Past papers work?

The thing is, I tried that with my prelim, Except I didn't have alot of time left so I memorised the questions and answers in case I got a similar question, except it didn't work as there were alot of questions that weren't in past papers.

Also, it might not work very well because it's a new course.

View Post

It can still help, as you are still likely to be asked similar questions, or questions requiring similar answers. The best bet would be to look at the speciman paper.

Rawr

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:29 PM

Ta for the replies.

I'm so nervous.

Ruthie P

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:37 PM

me too!! i have Hmodies in the morning - so the combination is making me feel even worse!!!
xxx

hope it goes well!!

Rawr

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Ruthie P @ May 29 2005, 04:37 PM)
me too!! i have Hmodies in the morning - so the combination is making me feel even worse!!!
xxx

hope it goes well!!

View Post

sad.gif Eep

Good luck!

sparky

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:00 PM

I wouldn't worry too much! If you can do the past paper questions and have put in a good deal of work then you'll pass well! smile.gif

Ruthie P

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

thanks rawr...ill let u know how it goes!!!!
lets stay calm!!! unsure.gif
lol

xxx

Rawr

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ May 29 2005, 05:00 PM)
I wouldn't worry too much! If you can do the past paper questions and have put in a good deal of work then you'll pass well! smile.gif

View Post

I haven't worked as hard for this subject as my other ones. Mum says I should be "great" at computing because I spend so much time at the computer. dry.gif

david__taylor

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:50 PM

lol, computing sucks, the stuff we learn in it is pretty boring and not what computing should be about. I didn'nt have much time to revise during exam leave and even when i did i didnt revise that much, and i didnt use the past papers(stupidly) because their is so much stuff to learn. i'm just going to have to spraff and pray tomorrow. god damn computing but its gd banter.

John

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:11 AM

What should computing be about then? Should it be about mesing about on the internet? Doing no work what so ever?

Computing is about Computing, its about what it should be about, The Computer. If your wanting to use them all the time, eg spreadsheets, databases, then you should have done Administration.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic