• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Higher Art Studies exam

smb

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(echoes @ Jun 2 2005, 12:47 AM)
[color=gray][font=Arial]fivepenny: ''The invidulator lady had to demand me to stop writing and she practically grabbed my answer sheets of me afterwards!''

That's a bit harsh!

View Post

Well, i suppose she had every right to because the exam was over! I usually always just keep writing and writing until I'm forced to stop (making most of my time, you see!). I was last one left in the hall! laugh.gif

Aye, she just said "Right, I'm sure you've done well, Miss MacLeod but the time is over and you have to stop writing now!" Then she took away the pictures and started pulling at my answers! ohmy.gif dry.gif

I think she was glad to see the back of me when i eventually went out of the hall. However, when I was half way down to the bus stop I remebered that I'd left my frickin bag in the hall so I had to go back for it. laugh.gif

LCaesar

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:42 AM

I'm doing Higher Art in 6th year, I thought it would be good for kinda chilling out between my Advanced Highers, but now I'm being told that it's nails! Say it ain't so sad.gif

AmAnDa

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(LCaesar @ Jun 3 2005, 10:42 AM)
I'm doing Higher Art in 6th year, I thought it would be good for kinda chilling out between my Advanced Highers, but now I'm being told that it's nails! Say it ain't so sad.gif

View Post

It is fun, because most of the time you are doing actually art (drawing and designing) and its only sometimes you do the written stuff. At ma school we only done a week of written stuff and that was because it was the only thing we had to do because we had done the practical exam, and our folio's had been sent away. The written part is the hardest part, but if u know you artists and designers really well it isn't so bad.

Don't worry though, its not a demanding subject if you work regullarly, and not jus 1 period a week - like some of the people in ma class! because then they don't finish anything, and will get a crap grade.

Im sure you'll enjoy it, and good luck!! biggrin.gif

LCaesar

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:08 PM

cool thanks! smile.gif

AmAnDa

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:48 AM

No probs!! biggrin.gif

smb

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:55 PM

Nah, it aint nails..

Yeah...higher art was good fun, like amanda said - if u do the work, you'll be fine. At the start, it is important you pick out a theme that you will be able to get a lot of ideas for. Don't be afraid to experiment/ go adventurous or do more than necessary. Try and get as much work done as possile because then you can just pick out your best pieces and hand them in in your folio. Try and do a lot of observed drawing because that is what the examiners like to see, instead of the usual copying of the pictures (....it sometimes takes people a long time to get away from that.) Oh aye, and take your time, don't rush. Remember its not all just pretty pictures - it is good to show your working out and analysing stuff aswell (like sketches for example).

The writing part if the course is relatively easy cos you only need to know about at least two artists and two designers. But try not to leave all the research work to the end - it is good to research some artists and designers as you are going through your expressive and design units anyway.

So there you go...I've just typed a great big jumbled up shpeel for ya only to find out that the last post on this thread was about two weeks ago. Oh well. Enjoy.

LCaesar

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for the tips smile.gif I'm thinking I'll enjoy it. We started with our design project, and that was pretty hectic in Standard Grade but our Higher teacher is really laid back, with his tinted glasses and all...very cool.

xKayleighx

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(Icemaiden @ May 28 2005, 11:07 PM) View Post

Art Studies  - (Portraiture or Figurative - i can't remember) - Michael Taylor (or Peter Edwards) and Amedeo Modigliani.
Also looked at Landscape painters aswell just in case - Cezanne and Monet.

I thought your questions had to relate to the studies you did for your design and expressive unit??

Art Studies Dali and Van Gogh (still-life)
Design Studies Lucian Bernhard and Henri de Toulouse-lautrec (graphic design)

Huggles

Ice Maiden

I wanted to do Dali ohmy.gif My teacher wouldn't let me.

Art Studies- Cezanne and Peploe
Design- Georgio Armani and Mary Quant smile.gif

I'm quite confident in the written not so confident in the practical but ahwell tongue.gif

x_Claire_x

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:39 AM

Im doing:

artists - s.j peploe & gordon k mitchell

product design - charles rennie mackintosh & phillippe starck

blondie191

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:05 PM

k....

im doing completely different people.

Two artists are William Blake (romanticism) and Ken Currie (scottish contemporary).
Two graphic designers are Moholy Nagy (modernism) and Paul Rand (post modernism).

I'm really nervous about this exam cos I really want to do well in this - our art teacher is really strict about marking this and I got 50% for this paper. But I didnt really revise my artists so that was part of it.

• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic