• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Higher Art Studies exam

echoes

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:33 AM

Confident?

AmAnDa

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:52 AM

Hmmmmmm...... not really! we didn't do lot of work in class, Actually we done less than a week of it!! huh.gif

So we've had to do it all by our selfs at home!

What bout everyone else??

Icemaiden

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:37 AM

Nope,we have to do it ourselves..

Huggles

Ice Maiden

AmAnDa

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:56 PM

What artists and designers is everybody studying?

I'm doing:
Paul Cezanne and Peploe - Still Life
C.R Ashbee and Rene Lalique - Jewellery Design

smb

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:17 PM

Art Studies - (Portraiture or Figurative - i can't remember) - Michael Taylor (or Peter Edwards) and Amedeo Modigliani.
Also looked at Landscape painters aswell just in case - Cezanne and Monet.

Design Studies - (Interior Design) - Gaudi (or C.R. Mackintosh) and I.M Pei.

Quite confident, yep.

smile.gif

echoes

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(AmAnDa @ May 27 2005, 03:56 PM)
What artists and designers is everybody studying?

View Post

Artists - S.J Peploe and Juan Gris: Still Lives
Designers - Antonio Gaudi and Michael Graves: Architectural design

Icemaiden

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:07 PM

Art Studies  - (Portraiture or Figurative - i can't remember) - Michael Taylor (or Peter Edwards) and Amedeo Modigliani.

I thought your questions had to relate to the studies you did for your design and expressive unit??

Art Studies Dali and Van Gogh (still-life)
Design Studies Lucian Bernhard and Henri de Toulouse-lautrec (graphic design)

Huggles

Ice Maiden

Paul

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:12 PM

when i sat higher art in 2003 i done

Art Studies - (still life) - Paul Cezanne and local artist

Design Studies - (Product Design) - Charles Rennie Macintosh and Phillipe Starck

Rawr

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:37 PM

100% confident.

Wish I could have said the same about my other two exams sad.gif

Paul

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:56 PM

which wer?

Shaun

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE(Paul @ May 28 2005, 11:12 PM)
when i sat higher art in 2003 i done

Art Studies - (still life) - Paul Cezanne and local artist

Design Studies - (Product Design) - Charles Rennie Macintosh and Phillipe Starck

View Post

Doesn't Phillipe Starck design mouses which Microsoft sell?

smb

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(Icemaiden @ May 28 2005, 11:07 PM)
  Art Studies  - (Portraiture or Figurative - i can't remember) - Michael Taylor (or Peter Edwards) and Amedeo Modigliani.

I thought your questions had to relate to the studies you did for your design and expressive unit??

Art Studies Dali and Van Gogh (still-life)
Design Studies Lucian Bernhard and Henri de Toulouse-lautrec (graphic design)

Huggles

Ice Maiden

View Post

As far as I know, its not the same people that mark your expressive/design that mark your written stuff. Well, thats what our teachers told us (two of them mark for the SQA so they had better know what they were doing).

My sister made up one of her artists for her exam and got an A*!! Don't think I'll try that though!

I've got a few artists prepared which do relate to what i did for my expressive and design just in case so i'm not worried, but I might just phone my art teacher up tonight and make sure. unsure.gif

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow. smile.gif

echoes

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:28 PM

To do 6 essays in the time provided is just simply ridiculous.

smb

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(echoes @ May 30 2005, 01:28 PM)
To do 6 essays in the time provided is just simply ridiculous.

View Post

Aye its a bit crap. wink.gif

EDIT:

However, we know basically what we are going to get asked on - for the (b) questions anyway. As long as you know about colour, tone, line, shape, detail, approach to painting, the ideas conveyed etc. it should all be okay.
And the (b) essays don't need to be that long really - like, not as long as the english ones or anything. As long as you get all the main points in, answer all the parts of the question and say what you think of the painting it'll be fine! We were told that there doesn't need to be a huge shpeel at the start about the artist/designers background - obviously there needs to be some but only the important relevant stuff. These questions should take no more than about 20-25 minutes to write.

For the (a) questions its relatively simple - just describe what you see and write what you think about what you see and why it is you think that. Don't spend more than 10-15 minutes answering these questions.

If you keep to that kinda time scale, it should work out that you get about 20 minutes left over at the end to look through your answers.

Now i don't know why i wrote that cos yous'll probably know that anyway!!! unsure.gif Ach, I'll post it anyway. smile.gif

echoes

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:30 PM

How did it go people?

I did the (a) part question of the built enviroment and the (a) part question of graphic design. Also the Still Lives and Achitectural design questions. I think I did relatively ok... mellow.gif

The jewellery design looked pretty kool. Someone in my class did the question and put down that it resembled something Satanic and evil and made reference to the x-men.. O_o

Honestly, that 2 hour allocation is too short...

..but hey, that's my last exam over and done with and I'm joyful =)

smb

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(echoes @ May 31 2005, 03:30 PM)
How did it go people?

I did the a part question of the built enviroment and the a part question of graphic design. I think I did relatively ok... mellow.gif

The jewellery design looked pretty kool. Someone in my class did the question and put down that it resembled something Satanic and evil and made reference to the x-men..  O_o

Honestly, that 2 hour allocation is too short...

..but hey, that's my last exam over and done with and I'm joyful  =)

View Post

Well, it went not too bad for me but i thought it could have gone a wee bit more better!

In the prelim I seemed to have loads of time - in this exam I felt as if I was 15 minutes behind the whole time (which i was because of that first damn portrait question) so I felt under pressure the whole way through and felt as though some of my questions were a bit rushed, especially nearer the end. I seemed to write an awful lot (the whole booklet and one and a half extra of the little booklet things - tiny writing aswell) - I'm hoping it was relevant. The invidulator lady had to demand me to stop writing and she practically grabbed my answer sheets of me afterwards! dry.gif Yep...I now agree more time is needed in these higher art exams!!! wink.gif

In the art studies I did (a)(b) questions on Portraiture and the (a) question on Figure compostion.
In the Design studies I did my (a)(b) on and Architecture and (a) questions on and Product design.

Oh well, thats me finished too. smile.gif
Roll on Advanced Higher! rolleyes.gif

AmAnDa

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:49 PM

I thought the Art Exam was ok today. Not that diffeicult, but the Jewellery was really weird!

For the Art Studies I done the Still Life section and the (a) part of Figure Composition.

For the Design studies I done the Jewellery section and part (a) of the Product Design.

What about everybody else?

Rawr

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:50 PM

It went well smile.gif ...even though I took too long with the B questions. Remembering all the info and writing it down took one hour 15minutes sad.gif I had to fly through the A questions sadly ohmy.gif

AmAnDa

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:09 PM

Aw well!!! Im sure uv still done gr8!! smile.gif

echoes

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:47 PM

fivepenny: ''The invidulator lady had to demand me to stop writing and she practically grabbed my answer sheets of me afterwards!''

That's a bit harsh!

I'm still bothered about that whole time issue. Grr.

Ah well, hope we all get good grades =)

• (2 Page %s of %s)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic