• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spanish Howz every1 gettin on?

superstar

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:50 PM

I know none of you are doin Int 2 Spanish but i had my exam today and it wasnt too bad actually! The reading was fine as was the writing but the listening was really hard! I am always crap at listening anyway!

How are u all feeling about the higher? Wot are your worst/best areas? huh.gif
I did higher french last year so if u have any qus about the exam or revision for it i can help! biggrin.gif

Discogirl17

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:47 PM

I'm doing Higher.My worst area was the speaking- I didnt get my marks back so I'm scared thats going to pull me to down. What should I do to revise for a language- its quite hard figuring out what to revise and what methods to use?

My best area is the reading- not to say I'm great at that either!

superstar

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:52 PM

Last year i learned loadsa directed writing phrases and they helped soo much in the exam because as u already know them then you dont have to worry about the verbs n stuff! For language i learned the formation of most o tenses and prepositions.
...ths would be crap not knowing wot you got for your speaking!!!

ChŁnz

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:10 PM

I'm feeling okay about it. Apparently the listening will be easier this year (according to my teacher) which is good for me cos I suck at listening. I'm pretty good with the speaking, reading and translation. I'm kind of concerned about the essays, but I'm doing not too bad in the short writing. I still think I need to improve my dw mark though.

super_diva <3!

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

Woo! For the listening being easier! I love listening it's definately my best area!

Umm, I'm going to do the same revision I did for French I think, which involves writing down paragraphs for every single scenario which could possibly come up in the Directed Writing then i'll learn a few of the harder essays (i.e the ones with daft tenses...oh and also importance of languages one as my teacher thinks that could possibly come up in the short essay tongue.gif! )

ChŁnz

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(super_diva <3! @ May 21 2005, 02:02 PM)
Woo! For the listening being easier! I love listening it's definately my best area!

Umm, I'm going to do the same revision I did for French I think, which involves writing down paragraphs for every single scenario which could possibly come up in the Directed Writing then i'll learn a few of the harder essays (i.e the ones with daft tenses...oh and also importance of languages one as my teacher thinks that could possibly come up in the short essay tongue.gif!  )

View Post

Really? Well here's what my Spanish teacher predicted in the short writing:

1 - Free time OR Holidays
2 - Home area
3 - Future plans

super_diva <3!

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, she also said future plans and your town as well, i think she had like a list of four...i'm kinda counting out stuff about health and sport though coz that's what came up in French, I know I shouldn't but ah well biggrin.gif

Discogirl17

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:22 PM

Great predictions, thanx people

ChŁnz

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(super_diva <3! @ May 21 2005, 03:47 PM)
Yeah, she also said future plans and your town as well, i think she had like a list of four...i'm kinda counting out stuff about health and sport though coz that's what came up in French, I know I shouldn't but ah well  biggrin.gif

View Post

I doubt it will be healthy living. I think that came up last year tongue.gif

super_diva <3!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE($D$2 @ May 24 2005, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE(super_diva <3! @ May 21 2005, 03:47 PM)
Yeah, she also said future plans and your town as well, i think she had like a list of four...i'm kinda counting out stuff about health and sport though coz that's what came up in French, I know I shouldn't but ah well  biggrin.gif

View Post

I doubt it will be healthy living. I think that came up last year tongue.gif

View Post

Yup, wont be school either, as that was last years one smile.gif Health was 2003 I think, because I remember my friend mentioning something about mad cow disease after it laugh.gif

I've just learned 'If I Were Rich' and i'm onto 'Importance of Foreign Languages' now dry.gif biggrin.gif

bigears1

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:09 PM

What would you say about 'If i were rich and importance of foreign language' i would be in trouble for them....
How many essays has everybody learnt so far
i have learnt:
- A trip to spain for a spanish course
- My future plans
- Countryside or city

super_diva <3!

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

For the if I were rich one you could say

"Me gustaría"
"Compraría"
"Iría"

and basically just say you would visit different countries; go on lots of holidays every year; and give money to thee poor smile.gif

For the foreign language one i've just said about how long I have been learning the lanugage and

" Creo que es escencial saber hablar un idioma extranjero para el mundo laboral y, también para viajar."

^-- That sentence you could switch about and use a few times in one essay biggrin.gif

What kind of things are in your essay about a trip to spain for a spanish course? unsure.gif we don't have an essay on that, or is it Directed writing? Because then I do, lol blink.gif

bigears1

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:41 PM

Yeah sorry the trip to spain is the directed writing, and the other two are follow up essays

Discogirl17

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:27 PM

Yeh I didnt learn whole essays. I learnt a series of useful paragraphs and phrases.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic