• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Horrendous Exam

Mikey_Pee

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE(milnedaniel @ May 16 2005, 08:35 PM)
same here, more interesting questions

View Post

Oh God no. A straightforward partnerships question would do me fine. What I'd give for a Profix Max question that followed through the right procedures of a Profit Max question!

I loved my answer to that question. 3.15 so I decided to leave b and c and move onto the theory. I done the theory, so went back to it and decided to be a right smart arse and take advantage of the consequential rule, making up figures right left and centre to get the working done. I may only get a few marks, but it may be the difference between studying it next year or taking my B and running.

Oh, and I had a minute or so left, so decided to be a right smartarse again and add in some silly theory answers at the end. "What are the benifits to a small manufacturing firm of hiring a managerial accountant?" - "To manage the finances of a firm, to manage the manufacturing of products".

Hey, after two and a half hours, I'd have laughed if someone said "bum". I was that out of it.

Moral Fabric

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(Mikey_Pee @ May 17 2005, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE(milnedaniel @ May 16 2005, 08:35 PM)
same here, more interesting questions

View Post

Hey, after two and a half hours, I'd have laughed if someone said "bum". I was that out of it.

View Post

me too laugh.gif

Discogirl17

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:36 PM

OK GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA
Last year hsn(well some of us on hsn) launched an attack on the SQA to bring the Englush pass boundaries down and to make the exam better. I think we should do that with a/cs. If you agree post the word "AYE" if u don't say "NAE".

Shaun

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:40 PM

Nae.

The SQA is an international organisation and I doubt it's going to reduce pass rate in a subject due to a few protestors!

Pupils performance should be all the protest they need. If performance is bad, SQA will lower pass rate.

Discogirl17

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:10 PM

Technically the SQA are national but have international links. The SQA are ok. I'm going with

a NAE/AYE this year

ermd

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:00 AM

Aye. 'Cause I just don't like em especially.

Also, what's the deal with relying 100% for your grade on one single end of year exam. It's ridiculous - continuous assessment has been proven in many educational studies to produce a better end result than when pupils are forced into one big cram.

Moral Fabric

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:01 PM

AYE, but I don't think the SQA will listen huh.gif

Discogirl17

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

Well they did listen last year- wait for the grades to come out and if you do badly then come back on and I'll get something sorted

Moral Fabric

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 18 2005, 02:17 PM)
Well they did listen last year- wait for the grades to come out and if you do badly then come back on and I'll get something sorted

View Post

will do

Discogirl17

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:29 PM

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I really wanted an A as well!

Moral Fabric

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 18 2005, 02:29 PM)
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!  I really wanted an A as well!

View Post

I think we all did ! sad.gif

Discogirl17

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:36 PM

Yeh but were we all predicted as an A and told to aim for a band 1!

Moral Fabric

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 18 2005, 02:36 PM)
Yeh but were we all predicted as an A and told to aim for a band 1!

View Post

but then that exam came up, it was awful!

Discogirl17

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:39 PM

Exactly, bang go my chances of A band 1 and even my chances of an A! Gone.

Shaun

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:48 PM

I got (haha) 97% in my Accounts prelim. It was basically all just different questions from past papers over they years (2000 onwards). Do you think this will stand and appeal if I get, say a D or a fail? (Which I am expecting).

Discogirl17

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:50 PM

I'm not even talking to you
*turns back on FF47*
Tell him Mr Moral Fabric!

Shaun

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:51 PM

The only reason I got such a high mark was because a friend of mine sat the prelim the year before and told me the questions she got - the teacher changed the paper very little.

Discogirl17

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:53 PM

O ok, you big cheat, I'm sorry, yes it should stand up for appeal, if you get a D then you might get ur A, if you get a C your more likely to get an A on appeal. If you fail you'll most probably get a B.

Shaun

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:54 PM

Wow! I only want a C!

I've appealed for Maths last year (Higher). I got an A with 80% in my prelim and my appeal was unsuccessful. I've never had an appeal before. Do the SQA take this into consideration when deciding whether or not to give you an appeal?

Discogirl17

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:58 PM

I hope not as I've already been appealed for twice!
I think its more about the work you've done and grade prediction and prelim ... its a mixture of things really

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic