Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2004 p2 Q11 - HSN forum

2004 p2 Q11

2 replies to this topic

#1 eck231

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 02:03 PM

I noticed there was an earlier thread on this question but i don't even no how to begin it!

Could someone possibly put up a solution for the full question please!

Thanks very much!

#2 Mr H

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:26 PM

I was going to start typing but here's a link to someone who has done that already!

http://www.mathsrevision.com/index_files/M...2004_paper2.pdf

H tends 2 infinity

---------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

#3 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:37 PM

I already started to type smile.gif

To get the limits, find where y=2x-1/2x^2 and y=1.5 collide.

2x-1/2x^2 = 1.5
4x-x^2 = 3
-x^2 + 4x - 3 = 0
(-x+3)(x-1)=0
Limits: x=3, x=1

then integrate y=2x-1/2x^2

and get this:

[x^2 - x^3/6] upper limit: 3, lower: 1
area = (9 - 27/6) - (1-1/6)
area = 3+2/3

then you need to subtract the area of the box underneath the segment:

area of box = 2*1.5 = 3

so area of segment = 3+2/3 - 3 = 2/3 metres^2.
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users