Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2002 Winter Diet Calculator Paper - HSN forum

2002 Winter Diet Calculator Paper

1 reply to this topic

#1 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:27 PM

OK:-

questions 1b and 3b I have looked at, and don't have a clue, so any help would be appreciated!

For Question 7:-

I got w=11.5, yet in the answers it doesn't mention anything about W, it simply states "d"???

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Mark

#2 AndyW

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:02 PM

1b. R, T and P are co-linear and RT is the same length as TP, so

RP = 2RT.
p-r = 2(t-r)
p-r = 2t-2r
p = 2t-r
p = 2(2, 2) - (5, 8)
p = (4, 4) - (5, 8)
p = (-1, -4)

3b. I think you just need to keep trying values of n until you u_n exceeds 50.

7. I don't know why the solutions only state the depth - the question asks for the dimensions which would imply you need to state the width AND depth.

The key to working out the depth is to notice that the diagonal of the rectangular cross-section of the log is equal to the diameter of the log. You can then use Pythagoras.

Your value for w is correct.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users