Higher Geography Resources

17 replies to this topic

#1 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:45 PM

Higher Geography Resources

Click on the above link.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#2 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:58 PM

WOW! Well done...that should be useful!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#3 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:01 PM

Wow, you've put a lot of effort into that.

Well done!!
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#4 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:25 PM

Thanks, I hope it is useful. smile.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#5 Lynnphocite

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, theatre, guitar, music, dancing, gigging.. anything arty really.

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:07 PM

OMG - You are my saviour! Thanks heaps. biggrin.gif

#6 Ali89

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Im a big fan of the outdoors! Whenever possible, i try to get out hillwalking / mountainbiking and during the winter months also try and get as much cross country skiing as possible! Also love cycling!<br /><br />always over at the west coast - favourite place in the world along with the Outer Hebrides.<br /><br />Done Bronze and Silver and in amongst Gold duke of Edinburgh at the moment. <br /><br />Done voluntary work at a nursing home now for over 2 years and still enjoying it!<br /><br />anyway, think that's enough about me.

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for that...like others have said, very useful!

I thought I'd add in a website I found quite useful. It has stuff on every glacial feature (or just about every one!) you cover in Higher as well as some things on rivers and a little bit on soils. It bases ALL the information and features on places in the Cairngorms.

www.fettes.com/cairngorms

Also, a big bit about costal landscapes - uses Shetland as it's example of these.

#7 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(Ali89 @ Oct 17 2005, 11:55 AM)
Thanks for that...like others have said, very useful!

I thought I'd add in a website I found quite useful. It has stuff on every glacial feature (or just about every one!) you cover in Higher as well as some things on rivers and a little bit on soils. It bases ALL the information and features on places in the Cairngorms.

www.fettes.com/cairngorms

Also, a big bit about costal landscapes - uses Shetland as it's example of these.

That is pretty good, even for Rural Land Resources where you have to be specific.

#8 Ali89

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Im a big fan of the outdoors! Whenever possible, i try to get out hillwalking / mountainbiking and during the winter months also try and get as much cross country skiing as possible! Also love cycling!<br /><br />always over at the west coast - favourite place in the world along with the Outer Hebrides.<br /><br />Done Bronze and Silver and in amongst Gold duke of Edinburgh at the moment. <br /><br />Done voluntary work at a nursing home now for over 2 years and still enjoying it!<br /><br />anyway, think that's enough about me.

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:07 PM

Aye...that's what I thought! If you need to give an example of an actual feature like an Esker or something.

I used to live a few minutes from the Cairngorms, so I like to use this area for examples.

#9 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:33 PM

Straying off the subject a little...they have shut down the Scalloway website (for Standard Grade)...that was the only reason I passed.

I'm sad. sad.gif

#10 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:27 PM

Awww...

I liked that site, mostly 'cos the guy who made it had nearly the same name as me.

#11 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Oct 18 2005, 07:33 PM)
Straying off the subject a little...they have shut down the Scalloway website (for Standard Grade)...that was the only reason I passed.

I'm sad. sad.gif

View Post

You sure about that? The site is working fine for me! tongue.gif lol

#12 narges

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:48 PM

Hey
Thank you soooooooooo much fot these notes ur the best.
these notes will help me soo much
thank you
smile.gif

#13 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:17 PM

Thanks Bred.

#14 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:14 PM

You're welcome.

#15 Mikey

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

Wow! Nice Stuff! thumbsup.gif Anyone recommend me some glaciation stuff? that would be great!

#16 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:39 PM

Did you see the glaciation stuff in the lithosphere section?

#17 babeasc

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:04 PM

This is so useful!

Beyond it, and us, shines a greater hope and a brighter future
Can't wait 'til the exams are over!

#18 General_Fondue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the sites, They're definitely going to help me pass my prelim tongue.gif

A site that my geography teacher told us to go on to is www.highergeogblog.blogspot.com

I have found it quite useful for my homework, so I thought I'd suggest it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users