• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you hope do with your degree?

Kevin_Kilbane

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

What is everyone thinking of doing after Uni/with their degree?

I was considering doing a postgrad course at either Glasgow - again - or down south at LSE.

After this, I will hopefully end up becoming a Chartered Accountant working down in the City of London.

What's everyone else hoping to do?

linds

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:48 AM

Well... That I'm not too sure. I'm thinking of doing a post-grad in journalism once I've done my French degree, so then I can get sent off to far off French speaking lands to cover stories.

I'll probably change my mind by the end of the five years though. That's why I chose the course I have, it's fairly open, you can do what you want with it.

Dave

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:02 PM

dont know to be honest

just make as much money as i can in as short a period as possible

sparky

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:26 PM

I don't really know either - whatever degree you do there are a wide range of careers open to you. I would like to have one with a comfortable/good salary but at the same cost I'd like to enjoy the work I'm doing day in day out!

Icemaiden

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:18 PM

Absolutely not a scooby.....maybe travel the world and become a famous animal photographer or scientist!!

Huggles

Ice Maiden

Lesley

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:13 PM

i have absolutely no ideas whatsoever. i'll hopefully find a job that you don't need to work on saturdays for obvious reasons.

superstar

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:30 PM

I don't really know what i want to do after i finish my degree. I duno whether i will go on and qualify as a solicitor or barrister or not! I might just decide i want to become a politician! lol!

Terrence

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:42 PM

I kind of want to become an RAF Officer. My Dad put the idea in my head, initially, by telling me how great it was and all the job perks, etc. But now he's desperately trying to make me go off the idea by telling me "wars happen.... you could be shot!" and other such stuff.

Eh?!

xpurple_starsx

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:52 PM

I hate this question, my parents and family members keep asking me and I just don't know. I'm only 18 [how old!] so I can't decide what I want to do with my whole life. Maybe something connected with medicine and french!

broughy

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

i want to do a post-grad in something related to medical physics. but i think its more likely i'll end up teaching!

assuming i actually get my degree.....

Vazza

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:05 PM

I want to work so that I can pay off my loan........sigh....thats if I survive the 4 years and get my honours degree........sigh.......

Captain_Strat

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

I'm hoping to get a job in either Computer Security or Forensic Computing. The course I'm doing is supposed to have really good job prospects after uni, and I could get a job in networking or programming too. :)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic