Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2004 Paper 2 Q 11. - HSN forum

2004 Paper 2 Q 11.

3 replies to this topic

#1 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:28 PM

I am stuck at the beginning of this question,it is the 8 mark question at the end of last years paper 2.

F(x) comes from the formula 2x- 0.5x2 but where does g(x) come from?

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

what do you mean by g(x)?

this question requires u to find the points of intersection between the straight line and the parabola

with this you can then integrate between the points of intersection. You would of course integrate the parabola minus the equation of the straight line

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#3 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:59 PM

the integral of b a =

f(x) - g(x)

is that the standard equation you use, f(x) = 2x- 0.5x2 how would you get the g(x) equation.

#4 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:21 PM

the "g(x)" part that yo are talking about is the straight line that is y = <whatever the intercept was"

If i am not here i am somewhere else

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users